Freedom Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom Rock

Good morning, we drove over to the Freedom Rock yesterday to take some pic's of the new paint job, (it's about 80 miles west of were we live) as we drove up to the Rock we were the only ones there but didn't last more than a minute so you will see some folks walking around. We met some nice people, a group of bikers showed up, some out of state tourist and some local folks, the next thing I know, the Bikers and the tourists grabbed all the picnic tables, put them together and we had a good ol down home picnic. This year Bubba added the ashes of 10 more soldiers to the Helicopter paint.

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Nice, and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Your welcome and it's my pleasure to share. This young fella has been contacted by many counties here in Iowa to paint a rock for them, at this point he plans to do a rock for all 99 counties, there will be more pictures to come and a lot more of the state to see.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Very cool. Will be watching for the "more pictures to come"!
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I took a look at his site and at this point he has done Freedom Rocks in 15 of Iowa's 99 counties and has been contacted to do 54 more and counting. If you have some time to kill, go to The Freedom Rock.com

Thanks Dan and hey it's good to drive a Festiva.
          Last edited by sc72; 06-22-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

All I can say is "WoW ".
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Thanks for the comment Doc, his work does have that wow factor and ya know it was only defaced ONE time and what I may have not mentioned is it is out in the country on a county road, anyway the local Vets got together and found out who the kids were that defaced the rock, rounded them up and gave them a history lesson on what the Rock meant to the Vets and their families, to this day no more problems. To all the Vets on this site, I thank you for your service.

Comment

Working...
              X