My new towing/hauling rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new towing/hauling rig

So, I loved my single cab long bed '03 F250, it did everything I needed it to do, except give me room to put the kids carseats in the back when I wanted to bring the family along on a towing expedition. I didn't really want to sell since I still needed a truck, so I started checking around for trades on something. My 3 requirements were: 1. at least 3/4 ton, 2. crew cab (with full rear seats to buckle the carseats in), and 3. Chevy or Ford.

What I ended up with met all of my needs, and all but one of my wants (wanted a 7.3 Powerstroke).

'92 F350 Crew Cab, 5.8L gas, auto trans, 4x4 with Dana 60 axles, and a 9' utility body. Its a monster, and pulls very hard in 4 low. New tires on the back, fronts still in good shape, only 128k on the truck and it fires right up and runs like a champ. Traded straight up for my '03 F250 5.4 auto 2wd with 99k miles. I feel like I got the better end of the deal, but so does the guy I traded with since he needed something smaller and easier to maneuver.
    No festiva for me ATM...

should tow or pull anything you want

Comment

nice

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Comment

Nice! You can probably get a festiva in the bed...lol
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
        X