Then and now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then and now...

As I was going through some of the photos of my Festiva for the latest blog post I came across these two that I thought showed the progress quite well. It was also encouraging to me as I was beginning to go through another one of those "I'm getting tired of the car, maybe I should do something different" phases.

This first shot was taken in mid 2005 about three years after we first bought it. The only mods I'd done up to that point were the swoopy power mirrors, exhaust and stereo...

This next one was taken on our 'Festiva in the Park' road trip in June 2012. Mods done by this time are too numerous to add here but you could check out the list in the blog post I mentioned earlier...

I'm getting more and more excited now to get going on the next phase of improvements... B6T engine swap, FMS/ATH body kit install, general rust repair, and paint!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Read your post, gives me inspiration on mine. Bravekozak kicked me in the butt about my dirty seats, so that's the next project.

Comment

Originally posted by Festivahopeful View Post
      Read your post, gives me inspiration on mine. Bravekozak kicked me in the butt about my dirty seats, so that's the next project.
      I have not forgotten about us coming down to see the Festie, we have just been short on time. Yes, please clean the seats before we get there. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by bolokid View Post
        I have not forgotten about us coming down to see the Festie, we have just been short on time. Yes, please clean the seats before we get there. LOL.
        I understand being short on time. With the holidays and yucky weather, I have been short on time myself. I have the hog ring pliers and rings on order, and am waiting to have some spare cash to try and get some matching cloth for the drivers side seat where there is a sizeable hole.

Comment

Ian, do you mind if we continue the "Then & Now" theme here ?
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
            Ian, do you mind if we continue the "Then & Now" theme here ?
            I think that is a splendid idea! Post away...

Ian
            Last edited by fastivaca; 12-16-2014, 04:12 PM.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

2072.jpg Jan. 2011
              018.jpg Jun. 2014
              Last edited by navdoc101; 12-16-2014, 06:52 PM.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Please post your 'then and now' photos. You never know who you may inspire.
                Last edited by fastivaca; 12-26-2014, 05:58 PM.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

When I bought it

Now

Last edited by Damkid; 12-26-2014, 07:04 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-27-2014, 02:22 AM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Engine comp when I got her...

Engine comp after I puller her and redid the wiring

The car when I got her...

After a lot of work....and still in need of more lol...
                      90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Can I ask where did you purchase your rain guards at ?

Comment

bought this one back in 2012 and it only had 114k on it and now almost 3yrs. later with 175k on it and still going strong
                          and almost stock orig.
                          before in Sept. 2012
                          and
                          now

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by tomzterz_28 View Post
                            Can I ask where did you purchase your rain guards at ?
                            If that question was for me, I got them from a member on here , who got them from Germany.
                            I don't think he has any more, & they are not made any more.
                            Company is called ClimAir. or ClimeAir.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I bought two sets directly from him as recently as 6 weeks ago. He had them on ebay then, but I haven't seen his listing recently. It is ClimAir. Sure is nice to be able to keep the windows down 3" or so in the rain, and to leave them down the same when parked.
                              "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                              "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                              "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                              "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                              "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                              "Wenona"-89L parts car
                              "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Working...
                              X