Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tough life....

....of cats in the winter.

90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Those cats certainly aren't starving!

Tomorrow, we are forecast to set a new record for both rainfall and temperature. +14C on February 3rd!

I believe the sun is putting out more energy. Nobody to confirm that, because that means there is nothing we can do to prevent it.

Comment

I love my cats, Tom. They are like little hairy women who don't mince words. They let you know what they want, and they love you back for it. If only the human variant could be so nice universally. lol
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Little hairy women.... indeed.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

They let you know what they want, and they love you back for it. If only the human variant could be so nice universally. lol
          hmmm but if you don't give them what they want...... :-(

Comment

^Well that's like women too. Yeah?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              1. Those cats certainly aren't starving!
              2. Tomorrow, we are forecast to set a new record for both rainfall and temperature. +14C on February 3rd!
              3. I believe the sun is putting out more energy. Nobody to confirm that, because that means there is nothing we can do to prevent it.
              1. Verily.
              2. 14C = ~58F. Wow. Yeah, down here we got to 64F a couple days ago.
              3. Actually, the sun is going into a low-output cycle. It is expected to hit a solar minimum around 2030. Possible Little Ice Age, or even a normal kick-our-butts ice age. But I think neither of these is very likely, due to human industrial activity. We may get an abbreviated Little Ice Age tho.

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
              I love my cats, Tom. They are like little hairy women who don't mince words. They let you know what they want, and they love you back for it. If only the human variant could be so nice universally. lol
              :-0 Yeahhhhh....not into little hairy women. Banned for putting that image in my mind. ;-)
              Last edited by TominMO; 02-03-2016, 01:56 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom, this reminds me of the cat diet dilemma you had some time ago on that kitty forum. Did you ever come to a healthy solution for the fat cat?
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

lol Sorry, just lol.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    Tom, this reminds me of the cat diet dilemma you had some time ago on that kitty forum. Did you ever come to a healthy solution for the fat cat?
                    Not really. His poop still has the same small amount of blood in it. In every other respect, he seems perfectly healthy. I have decided to leave the situation alone, as he does not seem to be in any discomfort, and I am against medicating; because of side effects the cats can't tell us about. Medicating is really just treating the symptom, whether human, feline, etc. Top quality nutritional input = practically no need to medicate, ever.

Through trial and error, I have settled on a variety of foods he eats without throwing up--another issue he has, whether for the same IBS* reason or some other condition. He only gets top-quality food, and water from high-quality ceramic filters.

Soapbox issue and thread self-hijack: I'm on the wrong side of 65, take no meds and seriously doubt that I will ever need to. I hit the gym pretty hard twice a week for about 45 minutes, and play pickleball twice a week for about 2 hours. For sure, it is very important to get some exercise, but even more important, if you had to choose one or the other, is nutrition. More specifically, what I would refer to as super-nutrition.

Important items I take, all from the Infowars store. More or less in order of importance from higher to lower:
                    Beyond Tangy Tangerine 2.0, a great multivitamin
                    DNA Force, a true super-nutrient that supports the body at a very deep level
                    Super Male Vitality, helps the body make testosterone
                    Survival Shield X-2, super high quality iodine for the thyroid gland
                    Brain Force, nutrition specifically targeted at brain tissue
                    plus a few other things I consider less important

I would urge anyone to try this stuff out before scoffing. I am my own lab rat, and feel about as healthy, energetic, strong, fast, agile and sharp as if I were around 30. Truth be told, I'm probably better than most 30-year-olds, given how unhealthy food is these days, on average. It's all about what goes in--garbage in, feel like hell; good stuff in, feel great. I used to get colds about twice a year when the seasons changed, or during the flu season. Don't get 'em any more. Even when I can feel one coming on, it just goes away before it can get a chance to hit me hard.

I do cheat on my food intake a little, quality-wise, like the occasional pizza or not-so-occasional chips; it's not necessary to be a total purist in diet.

* Irritable Bowel Syndrome
                    Last edited by TominMO; 02-03-2016, 04:02 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Tomin, forget the ice age, we are moving into a solar warming area of our galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        Tomin, forget the ice age, we are moving into a solar warming area of our galaxy.
                        Here is the last paragraph of that article:
                        "Their is no doubt that human activity is impacting climate change. Nevertheless, there are other forces outside the solar system that are effecting climate inside the solar system. Whatever the case may be, Earth can expect a rough ride as it travels through foreign warm waters."

Pathetic that they spelled "there" as "their", but that's a side issue of course. Maybe we're impacting climate change, maybe not. The author seems to consider this a foregone conclusion--"the science is settled". Looks like he is trying to find another way to bolster the argument. It may be true that we are entering a more active section of the galaxy; I suspect however that solar activity would still have more to do with our climate than that. But time will prove who, if anyone, is right about this. I just don't like when science is being used and manipulated to further a political agenda. Like Obama flying to Africa on AF One and telling the locals they can't have cars and air conditioners, for the sake of combating global warming. When the globalist control freaks give up their massive perks, and a lifestyle better than any former king or emperor, I will listen to them.

Edit: I looked at the sources cited in the article. They look kinda sketchy to me.
                        Last edited by TominMO; 02-03-2016, 08:59 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Believe only half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

Comment

CAUTION to cat owners (yes I know that actually they own us, but still)

If you are minding your own business, sitting in front of your computer and scoping out Youtube vids while eating a banana in conjuction with almond butter eaten from the jar with a spoon, there is a pretty high likelihood that your cat, jumping from a higher nearby place, will jump down onto your computer desk. If this happens, he will almost certainly put his left rear foot in the jar of almond butter, then as he continues running around, will splash and track it all over. Some of it will get into your keyboard, and you will have to remove several keys to get at the part that got down between them.

Do not let this happen to you.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I wish this thread was in the arena. Sooooo many inappropriate wise cracks are being wasted! Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X