Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member. Old car. Maybe somebody will recognize it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the warm welcome and great inspiration yall. Ive gotten the car a lil cleaned up, replaced the starter and battery, and have run a few tanks of gas through it now (did take a while, damn MPGs). I'll get some better pics up soon, as well as an official thread for the car, which I am still struggling to name.

Comment

Just leaving the sticker shop, just got inspected. Figured out why the doors wouldnt open, the lock mechanism is entirely jammed. Pretty used to leaving my doors unlocked having come from a miata.
      Last edited by RdstrBlk; 11-08-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome & congrats! Just found this thread. Advancedynamix/Charlie is the guy you want to velcro yourself to about track Festys.

Regarding all the bracing put in, I don't believe Charlie does any of that. I wonder if it is useful for some types of competition but not others, depending on when you might want chassis flex and when not. His racing is all high speed. Maybe slalom or autocross? Anyway, get his ideas on bracing. You might find it's actually better for you to remove it, esp. the rear strut tower part.

Also moving the battery forward, like on the floor behind the front pass. seat, for better weight distribution. Charlie says the rear end should be as light as possible.

Plus with freeing up space in the rear, it becomes a much more practical car if you need to haul something.

Carpeting, a headliner, foam rubber to fill the body cavities will make it less of a vibrating drum when you are DDing it. Unless you like it totally raw like this.
            Last edited by TominMO; 11-13-2016, 08:57 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X