I got a 323!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a 323!

Hey all! Been a long while since I've posted or even looked on the forum, I'm still around! Still have a Festiva too, I swapped the B6D out for a BP several months back. Anyways onto the 323, it's a 88 SE hatchback, I picked it up for $350 and trailered it home since it's got a blown headgasket, working on another engine to put in for now.. just getting it running in stock form for now. Planning on either doing a B6D or BP swap to it this spring, here's some pics of it and the festiva.

On the way home.

Removed the AC components, it wasn't working anyways..

Gave it a bath

Festiva and bigger brother, I really like this car a lot so far.. it's really not much bigger than a festiva and just as easy to work on!

Old engine and transmission out

Cleaned up the engine bay

-93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Nicely done! Keep us posted on progress.

Rust-prone areas are in both the front of the rear wheelwells, and also in the rear where the trunk area is. Recommend attending to them before they rust through. I used primer, paint, then rubber spray coating to make it last pretty much forever. One area in front of the rear wheelwell I used an aluminum patch where it had started to rust through, threatening the rockers, then did the primer/paint/rubber.

Also look up in the top of the rear wheelwells to see if there is rust at the top of the strut towers. That also happens.
    Last edited by TominMO; 10-16-2016, 06:33 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Nicely done! Keep us posted on progress.

Rust-prone areas are in both the front of the rear wheelwells, and also in the rear where the trunk area is. Recommend attending to them before they rust through. I used primer, paint, then rubber spray coating to make it last pretty much forever. One area in front of the rear wheelwell I used an aluminum patch where it had started to rust through, threatening the rockers, then did the primer/paint/rubber.

Also look up in the top of the rear wheelwells to see if there is rust at the top of the strut towers. That also happens.
      Yeah, I'm not too worried about the rust as I work at a bodyshop.. all of it will get cut out and replaced with new metal properly next year, non of it is too bad at the moment. Hopefully it'll be running again this weekend if I get parts I ordered before the weekend.
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

Fall Hermann meet?
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Fall Hermann meet?
          Sounds like a good idea! I meant to get one together this summer, we'll have to start planning one.

Comment

Sweet! I love it.

How much does a 323 weight vs a festiva?
            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
              Sweet! I love it.

How much does a 323 weight vs a festiva?
              Not much more, around 2000-2200 I believe for a base model like mine. GTX was 2600 but they were AWD with a B6T.

Comment

beautiful they are getting so hard to find!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                  beautiful they are getting so hard to find!
                  Yes! I've wanted to find a hatchback one like this for years, so when I saw this on Craigslist for $350 I couldn't pass it up!

Comment

Nice! Gotta have that BF love!
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Looking good, Fred! I love that red colour... what a beauty. I'm just as excited to get going with my new 323 - congrats!
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Finally some 323 love here other than parting them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          Nice! Gotta have that BF love!
                          Yeah!

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                          Looking good, Fred! I love that red colour... what a beauty. I'm just as excited to get going with my new 323 - congrats!
                          Thanks!
                          Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                          Finally some 323 love here other than parting them out.
                          Haha I love all the older mazdas!

Comment

I love BF 323's.... I have a GT and a wagon

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Awesome cars Damkid!

Update:
                              Got another engine swapped in and running, just have a few minor things to finish up under the hood now. I also got a Tach cluster and strut tower brace from a member on clubprotege.com and got them installed yesterday, and also swapped out my worn out steering wheel for one in better shape.

Now all that is left to make it road-worthy is some brake work, suspension and wheels/tires. I should have it done before the end of November, then I'll start daily driving it so I can take the festiva off the road to do some more work on it, then in the spring I'm going to swap something else into the 323 to make it more fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X