Rust claims another one..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust claims another one..

Don't think have a choice on whether or not it needs to come off the road. A big chunk must of fell off.. when I got it earlier this year the rockers were gone but the frame rail was enclosed. Think I'll run the 1/2 tank out of it and call it done. It'll be over the 256k mark by then. Still runs great, driving is a bit iffy with bad joints but doesn't do to bad. Have to talk to dad and see if we want to keep it for parts.

IMG_7361.jpg
    IMG_8872.jpg
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Looks bad. Would be nice if you could get another winter out of it

Comment

That sucks that its dying so soon after you bought it. But rocker rust means nothing. Crawl under and look where the rear axle meets the frame and where the lower control arms meet the frame and where the sway bar and crossmember bolt to the lower rad support. Those are the important points that you dont want too much rust on.
      The rockers are gone on my car and i can see through the floorboards but those points i mentioned are fine so im gonna drive mine this winter before i park it in the spring.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually didn't pay anything for it. The only worry I have is the kids in the back seat if it decides to go. The front area has no rust, the passenger side isn't as bad. Too bad a metal piece could be welded in.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
          Actually didn't pay anything for it. The only worry I have is the kids in the back seat if it decides to go. The front area has no rust, the passenger side isn't as bad. Too bad a metal piece could be welded in.
          Better buy another festiva then! What did you end up doing?

Comment

Haven't did anything yet and not sure what I'll do. I'm still driving it on occasion. That thing will still start every time!
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I wonder how many Festys are left?

Comment

Working...
              X