i need help to build rear mounted engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help to build rear mounted engine

i have a festiva and i want to install a mx-3 v6 engine to the rear but i have no clue how to even mount a rear engine i need a manual or specs or a diagram to follow. i want to build it like a shogun

There aren't really any write ups for that kind of swap so will have to just make it up as you go really and it isn't going to be easy....
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

There are a few build threads here you could look at photos of, but there is no step by step manual of how to do it

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Basically you have to reconstruct the entire rear of the car to do it. And after you're done, you have a car that handles worst than what you started with. Stuff it in the front.
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

If the klze will fit in the front that k8 should fit too.
          I say keep it up front as well.

Comment

this car is enough strong but why you want to customize it. in my opinion try to take care, love and increase your attitude status around the society from it

Comment

Originally posted by bibista69 View Post
              this car is enough strong but why you want to customize it. in my opinion try to take care, love and increase your attitude status around the society from it
              Some of us love to customize them, some of us love to optimize them for a specific task, some of us love them as Mazda designed them.
              The common denominator is we all love them!
              I agree the rear engine Festiva will not be able to handle as well, but perhaps that is not his goal.
              It is a difficult project, and probably not for the novice, but the crafting is half the fun!
              No car too fast !

Comment

There is a rear wheel drive Hyabusa powered festiva on YouTube, maybe find that and message the fella that did it?
                Heres the link if it works..

Comment

Working...
                X