Painted rest of MX-ZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted rest of MX-ZE

I painted the front bumper, sunroof panel, mirrors, door handles, mudguards & fuel filler door this weekend.

didn't sand the bumper down as much as I should've but after a wetsanding it'll look awesome. The mirrors, mudguards, fuel filler door & spoiler came out show-quality finish and won't even need a sanding! The door handles didn't have enough clearcoat sprayed on (dunno how i missed it), but hopefully will look fine if I sand em.

These pics show my car after spray washing it. Condensation in my one taillight sux0rs too b/c it doesn't happen when it rains, only when I spray it with a pressure washer. Also, the hood/fenders were wetsanded all day yesterday & I only slightly buffed them out, so they look sorta dull, but are damn smooth w/no orange peel at all.

Wil
    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

looks great wil... very clean

Pics of the Tiva
    Pics of the Cavi

Comment

What color is next? :roll:

Comment

bad parking job, good paint job.

Comment

looks tits, Wil. Maybe I'll hunt you down with Uncle Fester, once he gets his BPT swap.... :mrgreen:
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Yeah seriously if you wanna do some work on the side let us know.. lol. Keep up the good work!! -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

excellent job!
              Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

Like I told you yesterday Wil, it looks good!
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

bad parking job, good paint job.
                  Yah, you park like my sister!! :lol: lol

All jokes aside that paint color looks awesome. Pictures don't do it justice. Now if my sister would let me work on her mx-3.......
                  The Festiva Store
                  Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Looks great. Did you spray it yourself? What paint did you end up using? I just wet sanded and buffed mine a few weeks ago, not fun.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

yeah, i used Nason urethane paint w/sealer.

The first frickin coat of selaer orange peeled horribly tho and potentially ruined the finish, but once buffed out the car still looks good. You can see the basecoat orange-peel pattern if you look up close but from more than 5 feet away it looks deep & glossy (probably thanks to the darker color).

Word of advice, DONT USE A SIPHON FEED EVER!!!!!!!!! I bought a seperate gun for the sealer b/c I read its a good idea to have a seperate gun for sealer or primer, one for basecoat (and if your anal) one for clearcoat). I bought some 30 dollar siphon feed and it sprayed out way too much material at once & couldn't be adjusted much at all. It ran in a couple spots & teh whole first coat was orange peely as hell.

Once i switched to the gravity feed for base/clear the whole painting process (3 coats base & 2 clear) took a LOT longer b/c the pattern was much smaller & the amount of material much less. That way if you accidentally hold the gun in a spot for more than a second it won't run (unless ur too close).

But yeah, I am already doing some paintwork for ppl on the side. Darpiens blue festiva (my old car) has a mid hatch spoiler, upper spoiler & a custom 88-style grille (with center cut out) that need to be painted. Might do it tommorrow actually depending on what I feel like. I also gotta help him paint his Integra this coming summer.
                      Wil

Comment

and the car wasn't tefchnically parked..it was still running when i took these. I angled the car so the sun shined at a good angle, unfortunately the sun was almost directly overhead when the pics were taken so the shadow is more cast downward in the photos.

I need to get some when the sun is going down so the sun shines more directly onto the side of the car. I'll get those later
                        Wil

Comment

I used a siphon gun for all my primers and a gravity gun for the sealer/base/clear. What a difference a good gun makes. If you use only 1 gun it is most important to clean it very very well between the primer and base caots. I agree, the gravity gun and the nason paint is very hard to make it run.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Great job

You did a great job spraying this car, it came out great. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                            X