Sunday's trip to Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's trip to Home Depot

Just thought you might want to see what a Festy is capable of holding..

(click for full size)

thats six 40lb bags of topsoil, seven 35lb bags of mulch, one 25lb bag of peat, four 5lb boxwoods, 20lbs of tools, and one 275lb driver. (and 1/2 tank of gas)

altogether, thats about 825lbs! and it wasn't even on the jounce bumpers! (only about an inch left)
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Yes, it's amazing what you can fit in a festiva.

Comment

I fixed the links/pictures for you.

That is pretty cool. I remember having about 250 lbs of air suspension in the back of my car, talk about extra weight... :lol:
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

thank you, sir!
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

I'd be careful doing that. If a car has rust the top of the rear shock towers will fail and shoot through the top. I bet it was really easy to steer.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

if I could only find that Home Depot pic I had. It was a red car loaded down so much that the struts were through all 4 supports.. was stalled because the load had shifted.. The stack on the roof alone was 4 x 8 x 3 foot easily.. allot on concrete inside as well..

Comment

I was helping someone clean out a storage locker and we were putting about 1000 lbs of magazines in the back. Bundled up and stacked almost to the roof. It was about 2" off the stops and it handled fine. Only hit full travel once because I took a dip too fast. And getting on the freeway was fun, took about 2 minutes to hit 60 :thumbleft:
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

you mean this pic?

The people were on drugs or something, note the woman passed out in the passenger seat.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

yep that's it. There was an explanation of it somewhere.

Comment

not to worry about the rust. I've been over Uncle Fester front to back, top to bottom. He's not in any immediate danger. And wasn't down on the bumpers, so the struts wouldn't have blown through unless I bottomed really hard.

I remember that pic. That's what the Fes reminded me of...

and, it wasn't any easier to steer, the load was reasonably well distributed. It should only get easier to steer if the load is located aft of the rear axle, like on the tailgate of a pickup.
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                    X