I Hate Windows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Windows!

Kinda unrelated to the forum, but I hate Windows. Just had my OS take a dump on me this afternoon. Had to reload, and now I've lost all my pics. Have to go take some more with the new wheels on the Stiva. Damn. :evil:

When I get new ones, will post.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

arena?off topic? Take a pic of your shitty computer and post it in here, then it would be cool. Hell, I'll post a pic of mine if ya do.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

My PC..

Above the desk.. again this is MY domain.. so no wife cleaning is allowed..

Ok there is a Sima 4 in 2 out switchbox over the vcr. Input is: PC,Security Cam receiver,Cable TV and VCR. Output is: TV network and PC.
      Since I have over 7500 mp3 files and I usually listen to them loud.. A 30a 12v power supply connected to an Alpine 200watt amp connected to 2 phase Linear studio monitors. Add 1 Altec Lansing sub system to the second output from a sb Audigy 4 channel soundcard. And believe me it makes the windows rattle.. also there are 2 portable 80gb drives in the pic. oh.. yeah.. I mentioned I collected cars..

Below the desk.. My PC AMD XP 3000, 1gb DDR400 ram ATI Radeon 128 AIW so I can record from 3 separate inputs which even has a cool remote control. Harddrives: 1-40gb,1-30gb portable (on top of the PC), 5-80gb + the 2-80gb portables running from a 550w dual fan power supply.. Thermaltake Xaser III case.. Burner,DVD neons etc.. mostly normal stuff.. as soon as I can afford it I will be replacing the drives with SATA 200gb drives.. but the Festy's come first..

Comment

Agree, should have been in the arena, but was sitting down to post pics of the wheels, when I realized I didn't have them anymore. Sorry. ops:

Feel free to move this to either off-topic or arena.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I know the feeling.

My computer randomly screws up, and I had to reinstall Windows the other day.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Funny, my non-windows machines always tend to fuck up more than my windows machines. Well, the as/400 doesn't fuck up on me, but I don't press it too hard and it's been around a while. The sparc needs to be roshambo'd. Ran ubuntu on my ibook for a while till lewnix/ppc annoyed me with its lack of w32codecs, so i'm back to OS X. My PC laptop and my regular PC are both running great though

My other two machines (not pictured) aren't fully up and running yet. Dual PII 400 1gb ECC registered PC100 and whatever scsi drives I can fit in the 2u case. That would be the 2k3 AD. (my main machine is 2k3 as well, but I decided not to make it a DC) The other is a dual 1ghz piii w/1024 PC133. Thinkin of picking up a cheap SATA card for it an toss in a raptor, but I might just get another 15k drive for it (the sun box came with a 7200rpm 4.5gb drive, no good. Now 18gb 15k drive. Very good).

Specs on the as/400: 420-4xx 64mb 4.5gb DASD 2.5gb QIC OS/400 v3r5
            Specs on sparc: Ultra 2. 2x200mhz Sparc. Solaris 10. 512mb. 18gb.
            Specs on ibook: g3 366, 320mb, 10gb, airport
            Specs on micron: PIII 800, 512mb, 12gb, a/b/g
            Specs on main machine: Barton 2500, 1gb, 2x120gb, 1x160gb sata, 6600gt, quadro4 nvs280, win-tv pvr-250

[edit] Monitors from left to right: IBM P72 17" CRT, 2x 21" gateway branded hitachi 0.22dp CRT's. ibook is 12.1" and micron lappy is 15".
            Speakers are Logitech Z2200 being fed by a M-Audio Transit sound fob (currently only set to 96khz output sample rate with very very low latency (ASIO). Headphones are Sennheiser EH2270 and one of these days i'll get off my ass and build a proper amp for them. Then i'll skip all the other bullshit and gut a cheapo (but comfortable) set and roll my own ESL's. As for now, the headphone amp in the Z2200's controller isn't half bad, much better than directly off the fob.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

Working...
            X