How to lower your steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lower your steering wheel

I wanted to lower my steering wheel. I have a stock seat with a seat cushion so i sit higher. You can use the thick seat belt washers and b3 fuel rail bolts to do this. I didnt have the bolts and bought m8x1.25 by 2.5in long bolts.

Here is a quick video of it.

This is stock. Seat and camera are in the same position for the comparison photos.

With the long bolts the steering wheel was too low. It lowered the wheel 2 inches. I had to lift it up to get my legs underneath and the wheel blocks my view of the speedometer.

All the nut and bolt stores were closed so i threaded my bolts more and cut them shorter. If you have to buy some youll want 1.5-2in long bolts

I used 5/8in of spacers

That lowered the steering wheel one inch which was perfect for me. Im about 5ft 11in tall. With the wheel a lot lower my leg hits the wheel when i go to hit the brake, but i think 1in is good.*

Ill try to remember to update this after a test drive. One thing i noticed is that you can see your spacers with all the covers back on. So pick ones you want to see....

Here is a side by side comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-24-2018, 11:56 PM.

ryan, you could have saved yourself a ton of time and trouble by just swapping in a tilt steering column.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      ryan, you could have saved yourself a ton of time and trouble by just swapping in a tilt steering column.
      Thats what i wanted. Finding one is the problem. Best deal i came across in the last year was $75usd and would likely have been over $100 to ship here from the usa. Carbed lx's arent too common in alberta. This was $3 in bolts.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X