Lakestiva 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakestiva 2020

Hey guys where coming up on our 6th year of lakestiva! (I think, might be 7. I've lost count)
    Where: Carlyle lake, Carlyle il 38.627137,-89.362098 (coordinates if your using Google maps).
    When: Saturday May 16th at noon
    We meet at the dam west recreation area. Around noon
    My wife and I will be there about 10 am you can show up anytime after that .
    After everyone gets there and where tired of talking and seeing cars we'll go grab something to eat .
    If there's anyone coming from far away there are 2 hotels in Carlyle within walking distance of the meet, or there is campgrounds close.
    We will have water and assorted sodas for everyone .
    Hope to see you all there.
    If any new people are wanting to come and need more information please post here or pm me and I will help out anyway I can

I'll start the sign up list
    1. William, Megan and Amelia

I am a maybe... depends on where I am with the wedding and such...

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Sounds good, I still have your book ! I'll be sure to bring it if your coming.

Comment

I'm about an hour South of St Louis along I-55 in Missouri, so, not too far away.
        Where can I find more info about Lakestiva 2020?
        How long will it run? Lodging, events, schedule, activities etc.... Thanks in advance.
        Last edited by unclepossum; 03-03-2020, 10:32 PM.
        Never buy a car you can't push!
        1988 Silver / 1989 Black / 1992 white / 1993 white

Comment

You can count me in, I'm also about an hour south of St. Louis in Park Hills/ Desloge.

Comment

Usually goes from 10:30am to 5 ish pm
            how ever long you wanna stand around and talk really.
            Theres a center stone inn & suites in carlyle and Mariners village. If you google carlyle Illinois hotels you'll find them on a few different booking sights. Theres also camping available at several locations around that lake all would be just a short drive from the meet. With the coronavirus going on most everything at the lake is shut down. Just day use is open to the public so no camping as of now but that should change before the meet I'll do my best to keep everyone up dated here as I get more information .

Comment

As for scheduled we're pretty layed back just hang out talking festivas then agree on a place to eat and head there. People coming out usually post up stuff they wanna sell or trade and we get a bit of a swap meet going. If you have any suggestions post them up and we'll try and make it happen.

Comment

Hello William, put me down for another maybe. I would love to join the group for the day. I would be coming from Albuquerque, New Mexico en route to Chicago area to visit my parents.
                I would like to do the trip in my Festiva if I could complete the restoration in time, otherwise it would be in a new generic Enterprise car rental. I won't need accommodations with my parents house being only another 4-5 hours up the road. We will see what happens in the next 5 weeks and if things are going well,I will be there. Thanks for the invite.
                Rick
                '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Sounds great rick, would love to see you there!

Comment

Just checking in to see if the meet is still on. Safe distance and such or the Lake/park closed.

Charlie Z and I will be a maybe. I'll have to talk him into living close to the edge.

looking for your reply.
                    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

just googled Carlyle lake.

Carlyle Lake, IL -(Effingham Radio)- Due to the shelter-in-place order in effect in Illinois, all U.S. Army Co...

Lake and area shut down. Don't know about the parking lot at the restaurant and it's parking lot where we set up and meet.
                      I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

As far as I know the day use is still open I'll check into it. And we're still planning on having the meet. I'm hoping in the next few weeks things open back up. If things are shut down and we cant have the meet I will make sure to post it up here.

Comment

Well looks like lakestiva is canceled this year. I was hoping they would open the state may 1s but we're shut down till June. Thankfully I'm still working but I know lots of people are not at this time. Hope all of you are doing okay through all of this mess.

Comment

Are there plans for Lakestiva this year?

Comment

Yes there is keep an eye out for the 2021 post here shortly hopefully have it up tonight on here and Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X