Festiva Madness 3rd Annual Meet Saturday Oct 3, 2009 in Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V8Festiva View Post
    It's looking like there will a large number of Festivaholics arriving Thursday night and Friday in Raleigh.

Let me know when you are coming in and we will do a cruise out for dinner. PM me.
    if iam correct orange crush, altereddna , dna altered will be coming in on thursday night
    angie

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
    Thanks, Ms. Angie! I'll have to see what the wife's schedule ends up being before I can make a lot of plans, but a convoy sounds awesome. Can't wait to see all the NC crew again!
    tell her i cant wait to meet her we are leaving i think on thursday after work . so just let us know

Originally posted by V8Festiva View Post
    Birthday party at Madness Someone will have to make her a cake.

Now we just need someone's son to get married at Madness

Craigslist meet ad for Festiva Madness.

The swap meet ad at Barbara and my home is not listed on Craigslist, but several pages back here on site. I think page 21.

hey i own cakes by angie so if you would like for me to make her a birthday cake let me know what flavor and give me some ideas of things she likes . angie Also dean if i can iam going to try to make us a three D festiva cake ....

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
    91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      No passport, i'll probably have to move again within a few weeks, just too much on the go right now
      That sucks! Dang government! I was going to suggest starting a "kitty" for you if you need gas money.
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• Dean, this thing is getting to be so big, I'm beginning to wonder if the club shouldn't just rent out a camp area somewhere for the weekend..... Make it a whole Festiva weekend instead. Then everyone wouldn't have to worry about staying at a hotel or anyone's house. Just bring a tent and kick back for 48 hours!
        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
        Snoopy's
        4621 Atlantic Ave
        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          new word on the street (attention angie!!!) Caety WILL NOT be attending as schedualed.

i'm as dissapointed as you are, trust me. BUT, if i can get everything sorted before then, i'll try to convince her to let be borrow Kermit and bring him along with all the transplant goodies needed for an Auto BP swap... here's hoping.
          let us know if there is any thing you need . we are heading to pull apart this weekend and if you would like to do an engine swap . we have two here that are ready ..

Originally posted by pr0nst4r View Post
          This should probably be it's own thread in the Media section...

but that Chevelle driver needs to learn how to drive.. 15.24?!?
          I tried to put it in its own thread but it wont let me . how do i do that
          thanks angie

Originally posted by V8Festiva View Post
          Was going swap the my first yellow Festiva . Decided to leave it stock.

It is my DD and gets well over 40 mpg, also has ac.

Wife's car will stay stock. Runs to good to change.

Daughter's car is stock. She wants the Aspire brakes.

Most of the local non site members are coming to the meet in Festivas that are stock.

Some of them have interesting paint jobs.

Dean
          dean since jen want brake swap you want us to check pull apart and see if they have any aspires ??? and bring them with

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyblaster
            dean since jen want brake swap you want us to check pull apart and see if they have any aspires ??? and bring them with
            Don't over load your car with the Aspire swap set up. If you run across one that would be great. We can always do a Festiva convoy down one weekend to hang out and pick up the parts.

Dean
            Raleigh, NC

Coming in early 2010 www.FestivaRescue.com
            The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
            Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
            link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
            4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
            Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jermnc77 View Post
              Dean, this thing is getting to be so big, I'm beginning to wonder if the club shouldn't just rent out a camp area somewhere for the weekend..... Make it a whole Festiva weekend instead. Then everyone wouldn't have to worry about staying at a hotel or anyone's house. Just bring a tent and kick back for 48 hours!
              I am hoping for a record turnout at M3! However, I would advise Cautious Optimism w/r/t the number of people attending the meet. Life happens and sometimes the best intentions to attend can get de-railed by unexpected or insurmountable circumstances; often at the last minute.

I recommend we wait & see how many folks actually are able to attend this year. We will find room to accommodate those who need to keep their expenses to an absolute minimum.

Scouting and procuring a suitable & nearby camping facility at this late stage would be a time-consuming exercise. There are a LOT of logistics & work involved when putting something like this together and last minute major alterations just don't fit into the timeframe we have remaining. It is something to possibly consider for future events though.

Besides, for me, a large part of the fun in a not-in-Your-hometown meet is found when a bunch of people all pile into somebody's place, we're stepping on top of each other, claiming territory to throw our sleeping bags down on, stealing chips from someone's plate, telling stories until O-Early-Thirty In The Morning and having a freaking blast!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
              In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

• Besides, for me, a large part of the fun in a not-in-Your-hometown meet is found when a bunch of people all pile into somebody's place, we're stepping on top of each other, claiming territory to throw our sleeping bags down on, stealing chips from someone's plate, telling stories until O-Early-Thirty In The Morning and having a freaking blast!
                Sounds like Pu241's place at Ohiostiva, Sam...I agree.
                1989 Red L- The Baron
                www.letstalkbeatles.com
                Link to Baron Pics:
                http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

• Sparky, your so right!
                  Next time I'll have all the lavatories functioning, I promise.
                  Helps to know people in the plumbing biz, for ancient porcelain parts!
                  I'm so happy no one did a techni-color yawn.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Don't over load your car with the Aspire swap set up. If you run across one that would be great. We can always do a Festiva convoy down one weekend to hang out and pick up the parts.

Dean
                    Raleigh, NC

Coming in early 2010 www.FestivaRescue.com
                    thats kool to . if they have an aspire we will go ahead and get the brake swape for you and put them in the trailer.... and thing else you need us to look for ?? let me know
                    angie

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky View Post
                      Sounds like Pu241's place at Ohiostiva, Sam...I agree.
                      i agree that was my vacation and i had a blast , thanks again pu241 best vacation ever ,, even after every thing that happened car probs. and me getting sick . i do it again heheheh. cant wait to see every one. also dean if they're going to be that many people tell them to bring small tents . if need i ll bring some and use back yards ....LOL

Comment

We are currently planning the 3rd Annual Festiva Madness meet. Plan ahead to attend. All Festiva or Aspire owners that attend with their car will receive a free meet t-shirt again this year.

21 Festivas and 2 Aspires were at the 2008 meet.

We have received many e-mails and phone calls to do a 3rd meet, so 2009 could be even bigger.

Search the forum under Meets and Events for 2007 and 2008 Festiva Madness meet photos and comments from attendees. Photo Gallery also has pictures posted from the 2008 meet.

More details will be posted as they become available, but put the date on your calendar now and plan to attend.

Anyone with comments or suggestions for the next meet, leave a post or email me.

Dean
                        "Co-chair of Festiva Madness"
                        Raleigh, NC
                        got the mellowyellow road worthy again, will be there on friday, need a motel close-by.
                        Save ne a T-shirt XXL. See ya there.

Dave Z.
                        dzip105z@wmconnect.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dzip105z View Post
                          got the mellowyellow road worthy again, will be there on friday, need a motel close-by.
                          Save ne a T-shirt XXL. See ya there.

Dave Z.
                          dzip105z@wmconnect.com
                          Hi Dave,

If you look back to my posting on page 22 of this thread, there are lodging options that are close by our place and the actual meet site. If you need more information or have questions, PM me or V8Festiva and we will be glad to try to help.

Barbara (V8Festiva's wife)
                          1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                          1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                          Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                          website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jermnc77 View Post
                            Dean, this thing is getting to be so big, I'm beginning to wonder if the club shouldn't just rent out a camp area somewhere for the weekend..... Make it a whole Festiva weekend instead. Then everyone wouldn't have to worry about staying at a hotel or anyone's house. Just bring a tent and kick back for 48 hours!
                            This is a happy family reunion. Barbara and I think of all our Festiva Brothers and sisters as family.

We have never had so much fun as when we went to Ohio the last two years and John had us stay at his home.

There were several others there and it was a lot of fun.

We talked until late that night about all our Festiva projects and other things.

The next Festiva outing was down to Motorxpress & Ladyblasters home for Thanksgiving and they invited us to stay the night..

What a great Festiva family.

Sam 1956 was also along to pick up a BP engine from Will and from there we headed to SC to pick up a Festiva Sam got.

Barbara and I travel at times and many on this site have ask us to stop in, stay the night. What a great group of folks we have here on this site.

As long as there is floor space, we welcome our Festiva family.

Looking forward to Festiva Madness number 3 seeing everyone.

We may stay up all night telling Festiva stories.

Dean
                            Raleigh, NC
                            The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip

link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/

Comment

• well... things are up in the air for me right now.
                              been planning on this meet since last year, now my homelife
                              might not justify me coming... i just got a new job, which was gonna pay my way,
                              and its my gf bday. so was gonna do something special for her in n.c.
                              she decided not to go, and that me getting my own place would be a better gift...
                              so now im kinda in a bind, either continue saving for rent/deposit($350)week out of my check, and not go.. or only save $300week and save the rest to get to n.c.
                              my gf os ok with me going to the meet. but now, my festy had 2 blow outs on same side two weeks ago. and cant afford tires yet.
                              so basicly; anyone got room for a extra rider? i live just south of birmingham al. but could make it as far as huntsville or montgomery. would be able to give some gas money/driving help.. just let me know... thank you
                              93L sold. First FESTY!
                              91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                              91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                              89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                              93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                              89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                              93GL Sold Too Soon!
                              91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by gestiva View Post
                                well... things are up in the air for me right now.
                                been planning on this meet since last year, now my homelife
                                might not justify me coming... i just got a new job, which was gonna pay my way,
                                and its my gf bday. so was gonna do something special for her in n.c.
                                she decided not to go, and that me getting my own place would be a better gift...
                                so now im kinda in a bind, either continue saving for rent/deposit($350)week out of my check, and not go.. or only save $300week and save the rest to get to n.c.
                                my gf os ok with me going to the meet. but now, my festy had 2 blow outs on same side two weeks ago. and cant afford tires yet.
                                so basicly; anyone got room for a extra rider? i live just south of birmingham al. but could make it as far as huntsville or montgomery. would be able to give some gas money/driving help.. just let me know... thank you
                                The meet is a month away.

Maybe you will have some good luck soon.

Your welcome to stay here even if you don't drive up the Festiva.

Dean
                                Raleigh, NC

www.festivameets.com

FM3 short 5 minute clip

Comment

Working...
                                X