No announcement yet.

Ohiostiva 2011 planning thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone decided whether or not we're going to Moraine???
    Amazing Amanda

Comment

^^ +1...

Moraine FTW...
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

*Hoping BraveKozak is bringing a red sripe interior to Ohiostiva*

Hint hint.....
        -Donny
        -1992 Festiva GL
        B6D/E-series.
        -1991 GL
        BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Amanda, the Secret Ohiostiva Council of Elders has voted to give you total control of all decisions from now on. All you need to do is to put on the Sacred Clown Suit (with the extra extra long shoes) and post a video on Youtube pantomiming your decisions while singing gibberish. Follow these instructions:

-You may use props.
          -You may not use written words.
          -You may have other people in the video with you.
          -You may not have anything lewd, lasciviouscious (whatever that is) or show lentils emanating from you nose.

Get on this Amanda. Make us proud. Maybe you'll become famous!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

lol, I'm not going to dress up in a clown costume but I do have a beard hat that I can wear! I would love to have total control of Ohiostiva! I'm a great planner and I'm sure I could get a lot of people to come because everyone loves me!
            Amazing Amanda

Comment

Okay I'm either dumb or just confused or both. Is this in Ohio or Pennsylvania? I can't check distances and see if I can come or not if I don't know where. I saw the address to Summit but then there was talk about it being at a park in PA? Please clarify for those of us that have not attended before.

Thanks!
              :cat:
              Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

There is a large group that is meeting up at Summit in Ohio...Usually after that everyone convoys to Moraine State Park in Pa. There is talk of not going to the park this year and just going to a car show near Summit. Either way Summit is the meeting place.
                Amazing Amanda

Comment

Heading out the whole way to Summit is a little further than I want to travel in a day (to and from)... I'm fine with Moraine Park, if that's what is decided on.
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                    Heading out the whole way to Summit is a little further than I want to travel in a day (to and from)... I'm fine with Moraine Park, if that's what is decided on.
                    Agreed!
                    Amazing Amanda

Comment

Well I hope we go to Moraine cuz I wanna do some camping. Did a Google search & that park looks beautiful
                      Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Moraine is beautiful, no doubt! From two years ago, I think:

It's about an hour's convoy from Summit to Moraine on mostly highway. Gives you a nice time to enjoy the driving camaraderie. And as noted, gives those from way out east a shorter distance to drive to meet up.

However, we'll see about that car show this year. Everyone make your feelings KNOWN!

Karl
                        Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM.
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          Gives you a nice time to enjoy the driving camaraderie.
                          You mean it gives everyone a chance to get lost, like last year... and the year before that, and the year before that.
                          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I like the convoy, even though I missed it last time. Was pretty sad I missed it.

And you cant go wrong with moraine.

However raiding a car show with 30+ festivas would be fun too.

If we drop moraine I vote for a convoy around a predetermined route before stopping at the car show. So we can at least satisfy our wants for a convoy. LOL
                            Last edited by bhazard; 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                              It's about an hour's convoy from Summit to Moraine on mostly highway. Gives you a nice time to enjoy the driving camaraderie. And as noted, gives those from way out east a shorter distance to drive to meet up.

However, we'll see about that car show this year. Everyone make your feelings KNOWN!

Karl
                              More like an hour and a half, which to me is not a big deal. As far as driving fun....people need to break from the NORM and keep up with the group...

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                              You mean it gives everyone a chance to get lost, like last year... and the year before that, and the year before that.
                              lol...there would be no getting lost if everyone would just follow and not decide to go in different directions....and as stated above....break from the NORM and keep up with the group......

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                              I like the convoy, even though I missed it last time. Was pretty sad I missed it.

And you cant go wrong with moraine.

However raiding a car show with 30+ festivas would be fun too.

If we drop moraine I vote for a convoy around a predetermined route before stopping at the car show. So we can at least satisfy our wants for a convoy. LOL
                              However it works out we should definitely do a cruise....only reason anything else was being discussed was because of all the years of people kind of grumbling under their breath we should do something else....

As far as camping at Moraine was mentioned above.....if you plan on doing that you should check into it now...I know for the last 2 years I wanted to get a cabin there and they were booked over a year in advance.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Wow should I be worried about reserving a tent site??? I am new to this region & have no idea of the popularity of this park so sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.
                                Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Working...
                                X