WESTIVA 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to meeting you both!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Howdy guys I am moving out west and as long as it works out while I am there I will be at the meet so put me on the list pleaz
      the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
      \/\_____________FORD
      FOREVER

Comment

Jw where u get the headlight conversion kit?

Comment

Oh man I can't wait!

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycar500 View Post
            Howdy guys I am moving out west and as long as it works out while I am there I will be at the meet so put me on the list pleaz

Add you name here

That goes for anyone who's coming. Add your name even if you're a 'maybe'.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

One month!

-Scott
              Aqua 93 L
              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Less than a month to go.

Comment

URGENT UPDATE:

There has been major flooding in Southern Alberta this week with a lot of collateral damage. Several towns have been evacuated, major highways washed out, people stranded in some towns. 75.000+ people have been evacuated just in the city of Calgary alone. Kananaskis Country has not escaped without damage as there are people stranded in the campgrounds and hotels close to Wedge Pond due to washouts etc. Highway 40 from the Trans-Canada through Kananaskis is closed due to flooding which means there's no access to Wedge Pond at the moment.

The forecast is improving greatly over the next week or so. I will keep an eye on conditions and update over the next few days and pass that info along. Westiva will still be a go, we just may have to change the venue.

If you want to see whats going on go to the Calgary Herald website and check out some of the photo galleries. This is probably a 1 in 500 year flood for Calgary and area!

Watch this space for updates!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Plan B better be good!

Sorry, couldnt help myself.

That is some crazy weather you have had up there. We had a tatse of that here recently, too.

Hope it gets better for your meet!
                    Last edited by drddan; 06-22-2013, 12:06 AM.
                    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

URGENT UPDATE #2

We are just beginning to realize the scope of the damage done over the past few days due to the devastating floods in southern Alberta. Here's the situation:

- Trans Canada Highway through Banff National Park is still closed to all but essential traffic and may not be open for some time.
                      - Highway 40, the road into the Wedge Pond area is washed out in at least four places. Go to the Alberta Parks Facebook page see some photos and video.
                      - Mount Kidd RV Park and Campground is heavily damaged; we had friends that were stranded until yesterday. They were evacuated by the military and had to leave their vehicles behind.
                      - Highway 3, the highway across the southern part of the province goes through the Crowsnest Pass which saw its own share of damage, is picking up the extra traffice that would normally use the Trans Canada
                      - Lots of damage within the city of Calgary itself
                      - Many communities in the area have been hard hit, especially High River

All that being said my family and I have decided to cancel Westiva for this year. I realize that some of you have already made reservations, booked vacation time, made travel plans etc. but we feel that this is the best course of action to take.

Here's to next year!
                      Last edited by fastivaca; 06-24-2013, 05:47 PM.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Under those circumstances, I can understand the cancellation. I'll keep you and the rest of Canada in my prayers.
                        Jerry
                        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

It sucks but was a good decision. The number one is the only way I can get there in a reasonable time anyways. If its out I'm hooped!

Thanks for planning this out anyways Ian. Your work is appreciated. And there is always next year!

-Scott
                          Aqua 93 L
                          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Too bad but let's start planning for next year. It'll give a little more time to get the second Festiva ready for a trip.

Comment

fast, you have more sense than the mayor of Calgary. He still plans to host the Stampede. I would consider moving if he gets re-elected. The downtown core of Canada's third largest city will not have power until next week.
                              We will see if the mayor makes it to the parade on September 1st.
                              Was this once in 500 years event purely coincidental?

Shame on the greedy politicians and developers for allowing indiscriminate building on a flood plain. They should be prosecuted. That criminal act will result in 0 convictions. Now Ottawa will have to print more money because nobody has flood insurance. With damage estimates of more than $5B, can you say "devaluation"?

If you rebuild in the same spot, flood insurance should be mandatory or you get nothing next time around. Guess what the premiums will be.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-24-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Well as disappointed as I may be I totally understand. There is always next year. Best wishes to all those affected by this unreal event.
                                90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                                BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Working...
                                X