No announcement yet.

WESTIVA 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick comment regarding the Stampede. It is not run or controlled by City Council, the decision to try and keep it going is not the mayor's. The Stampede is scheduled to start with the parade on the morning of Friday July 5th. Commander Chris Hadfield is to be the parade marshall.

The Stampede brings a tremendous amount of tourism revenue into the city as a whole. Personally I think it would be a morale boost for the City if the Stampede can pull off this years show.

Stepping off the soapbox now...

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

^x2. And most of the power is back on.

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

well, this sucks, but on the good side, it gives me just over a year to get my festiva ready to go lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Prayers & a quick recovery going out to all that is involved in the flooding!!
          1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

I just spoke with a friend that whose job is looking after infrastructure in Kananaskis Country. He mentioned that Wedge Pond is 20 feet above normal right now :shock::shock: Calgary is slowly recovering... most of downtown now has power but they're still advising people to stay away for a few more days.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Facebook notified me of the meet today. Boo erns.

-Scott
                Aqua 93 L
                Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I had my car all painted and ready to go on the tenth I was in calgerygoing to the stamped and got rear ended so could not make the trip could not show of my festiva and now need to find a mint shell sorry guys
                  the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                  \/\_____________FORD
                  FOREVER

Comment

And I have just read that it is a no go so I have all year to get it ready see u guys then
                    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                    \/\_____________FORD
                    FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                    X