Westiva 2014.... mark your calendars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westiva 2014.... mark your calendars!

I've said it before... it's never too early to start planning (especially for us: three birthdays and three anniversaries in July for our family!).

When: on Saturday July 12th, 2014.

Where: Wedge Pond in Alberta's beautiful Kananaskis Country.

More details will be posted in the new year.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I think I can get the wife to go to this, got some friends out there!

Sent from the trash can.
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Well, someone has to win the long distance award!

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

If Dave went, he'd beat me by like 150kms :lol: but I can't see me going to this, at least not this year

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Chris, it's "only" 3380km (2030 miles) from your place to Wedge Pond!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
          Last edited by fastivaca; 10-28-2013, 12:11 AM.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Just a day trip :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Hit up a jiffy lube before the way back home rofl

Sent from the trash can.
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Really encouraged that a couple of people have said they're coming to Westiva 2014 already! Bolokid has booked his hotel and I spoke with Jfro a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd be there. My colleague with the Subaru Vivio, gearheadeh on the forum, was at the 2012 edition and he plans to be there as well.

Looking forward to a great get-together.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Ian, are you planning on camping at Mt Kidd? There is a slight possibility, and I mean very slight, that I can make it and I'd probably be tenting again if I came up. I haven't been back up that way since Westiva, which would be better understood as Westiva 2008. If the first world war was called the great war, shouldn't the first Westiva be called, "the Great Westiva?"

Comment

Had a guy come to the house the other day asking if the Festiva parked by the fence was for sale. This is the project car so the answer was of course NO! He hadn't heard of our little forum and I also told him about Westiva. He said that he will be there with one of his two Festivas!

Looks like we will have a really good turnout this year!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I'll be there, either in my "new" Kia or the Vibe again. Hopefully the Kia, at least it's kind of like a Festy.

Comment

Anyone else from Eastern Washington or Oregon planning on attending?

Comment

Hey all. I'm like 95% there. As long as the festy cooperates and I can get some suspension issues tackled this spring.
                          90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                          BEFORE AFTER

Comment

If you get the longest distance award you get payed back got gas right?? Cuz that's over 3000 miles for me all the way from Florida whewhen I move 1 day and 22 hours that's what? $500 in gas
                            1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
                            R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Chris,

If you come up through WA I will pay to fill your tank as you pass through town. I'll even go for ethanol-free if you want.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X