No announcement yet.

Indy meet in November 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home. Hope tom makes it the rest of the way he was having trouble with his car we swapped out coils at a rest stop so hope that was the problem. Ill let tom explain the problem.

Comment

OK, made it back without incident!
      Good to see everyone!
      checkin here so we know everyone made home safe.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Made it home without incident. Car was abruptly dying repeatedly on the way home. Long story short, there was corrosion inside the coil, i.e. where the coil-to-disty wire plugs in. William did some quick roadside diagnosis and narrowed down the main suspect. Grabbed a spare coil I just happened to have with me; installed it (2-minute job); car fired right up and gave me no problem all the way home.

william is the man.
        Last edited by TominMO; 11-08-2014, 10:02 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Made it home around 5. Uneventful drive home thankfully.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Fred and I are now home, no problems and no Deer hits so that's a good thing, thank you PU for shuttling my parts that saved me a bunch of shipping charges and it was great to everyone and to meet Mr. Torque.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I don't see any photos
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Had to save some guy in his chevy truck

That the only pics of the meet I had lol

Comment

Just got back to my place now, had a good time! Good seeing everybody, I didn't get any pics either haha our cars were all scattered amongst the parking lot..
                  -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                  -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                  -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                  X