Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Festiva Madness Nine Project! (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
    Is the paint in any kind of restorable condition on the donor car? I can make it pretty.
    Paint is good on both cars actually. We decided to do an engine swap into my aqua car. The body is beautiful but the engine is shot and it's been sitting in my backyard until I could decide what to do with it. It also sports a funtop. There are pictures on here somewhere.
    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
    website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fecomatter View Post
      Is the paint in any kind of restorable condition on the donor car? I can make it pretty.
      Imma hold you to that, making aqua pretty shouldn't be hard and it's now your job [emoji48]

Sent from somewhere outside the asylum via tapatalk
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]
        Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Hate that I didn't get to come to Madness this year.
          I'll get those power mirrors and switch that I planned to bring for the project car in the mail to Barbs house either tomorrow or Monday... depending on the weather.

We will be looking for pictures or the restored beauty. Has Barb named it?
          Last edited by 1990new; 10-02-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

It's alive! The exhaust and tires go on in the morning, and the detailing will be finished. Charlie brought his own personal pit crew that really did most of the work and deserve a ton of credit! I can't wait to hang out with these guess some more!

Sent from somewhere outside the asylum via tapatalk

Comment

You guys are awesome!!!! Wish I could have made it.
              Rick
              1993 Ford Festiva
              1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
              1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
              2000 Ford E350

Comment

That's just nothing short of amazing. Congratulations Smedley.
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

I think a special mention should be made for Bolokid. He worked non stop all weekend, on just about every project that was going on. Every time I turned around, Bob was lending a hand. This was after he drove from WA!
                  The projects, the teamwork, the new friends and old buddies all working together. Madness is so much more than a simple car get together. It's like summer camp for Festiva fanatics. I can't wait for FM10!
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Indeed, both The Bobs were amazing!

Comment

For those that worked on this. There was some question at the time of the engine was really bad. I'm working on a project here at madness central trying to piece together a decent engine. I pulled the vc off, saw the missing rocker arms and recognized it as the one pulled out of Belle. I did a leak down test and both cylinders one and two had over 25% loss past the rings, and 20% on three. Cylinder four was darn near perfect at less than five percent loss. I didn't hear a whisper from the intake or exhaust.

Tomorrow I'll remove the head and pour gas into the valves to see if they leak but I don't think they will. Combined with the good block I'll get a good engine and put an aspire on the road that was at madness two and many more, but has been down for a few years.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by scitzz; 10-26-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X