Festiva Insanity 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I will tell you what Festiva Insanity 2018 is.
    Pulling parts off a Festiva in the junkyard on the coldest day of the year last Friday.
    I was the only insane person in the entire yard. The snow was about a foot deep.
    There were some animal tracks beside my own.
    It was colder than a polar bears.
    -16C + windchill.
    Insanity.
    Yes, that's pretty insane. You should come down to AZ and thaw out!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by cliferton View Post
      Ok all paid up for this event. I'm super excited about this. I'm not a big hard Parker that tends to bore me so 2 festiva track days is awesome. Anyone on the fence about this event should know that this is a great price on track time not to mention all the festiva experience you will have around you
      Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
      A few days of being around the best and brightest in the festiva world is worth the price of admission!
      I'm paid up too. Now to finish the car..
      Were looking forward to having you guys out here for the fun. This track is a perfect Festiva playground. It's got plenty of great corner combinations and a decent amount of elevation changes.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-08-2018, 10:54 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

We are psyched about going. Already placing X's on the calendar at work.

Comment

Applied for my passport this morning to go to this meet. The guy actually knew what a festiva was but couldnt understand a festiva meet. Asked why you need a track? Why not race around the walmart parking lot? Lol.
          Anyway, fingers crossed i get the passport before the 7th!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-09-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

WHOOT WHOOT whoot

Comment

I'll have to go next year. 1 month isn't enough time for me to prepare and get the time off.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I am trying to make the rear strut bushings for everyone going to the insanity meet from my list.*If your going to the meet, want bushings and haven't*received*a private message from me yet please send me one very soon, Thanks! Its only 2 weeks away!

Originally posted by errjam View Post
                WHOOT WHOOT whoot
                Are you going? Or just excited its happening?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Insanity is getting really close. I just wanted to give everyone a quick list of things to bring.

1. Helmet- Must have some sort of current (within 10 years) safety rating and fit properly.
                  2. Comfortable and protective clothing. You don't need a race suit, but bring a long sleeve cotton shirt and some jeans and comfortable driving shoes.
                  3. Snacks and drinks. The track is located several miles from civilization and there is no restaurant or stores near by. We will have some meals for lunch, but please don't rely on lunch alone to get you through the weekend.
                  4. Sunscreen and sunglasses. We will be in an open area in the middle of the Senoran Desert. The sun is pretty strong in these parts and the wind is usually a consistent breeze. Prepare for lots of sun. It may also rain, but that's pretty rare.
                  5. Folding chair.
                  6. Smiles. The bigger the smile, the better.

Comment

Working...
                  X