Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why isn't anyone looking over the repair help forum?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^X2

I'm on FB, but I prefer a forum. FB feels very transitory to me.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

The Facebook page is useless to me.
      Just as is facebook.

So this is my only resource.
      I see it more like a database of knowledge and experience.
      And things designed for people around the world searching for ideas, inspiration, or just plain help.
      It is a tool.

Usually if I want friends or family to know things.
      I just call them or talk to them in person

This online social media.
      It takes all the fun out of actually interacting with people on a real life basis.
      I guess I will never get it.
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
        The Facebook page is useless to me.
        Just as is facebook.

So this is my only resource.
        I see it more like a database of knowledge and experience.
        And things designed for people around the world searching for ideas, inspiration, or just plain help.
        It is a tool.

Usually if I want friends or family to know things.
        I just call them or talk to them in person

This online social media.
        It takes all the fun out of actually interacting with people on a real life basis.
        I guess I will never get it.
        +1 I could not agree more!
        No car too fast !

Comment

This is a site I check every day, Frankly, I just don't get the whole social media thing, but I wasn't raised to think everything I do is epic.

Comment

A Festiva/Aspire is a car you can drive and be socially invisible in. It's beyond a sleeper, it's practically a cloak of invisibility. When I first started building my first Festiva I was getting my parts from a local man who had owned dozens of these cars and was in the process of fixing up a 93 auto for his grandson. I remember him explaining to me and his grandson, " you'll need to drive it like you're invisible to everyone else, because you are. They will run right over you if you're not careful."
            I like that about these cars. I can mind my own business and just keep on keepin' on. I think a lot of us Festiva owners feel that way, and would rather not post in an area as transparent as FB.
            I look at the FB page from time to time, and I get the updates on my phone, but I'm not as comfortable using that site as I am this one. This site is like driving my Festiva, only other Festiva owners are watching me.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-19-2015, 11:05 AM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              A Festiva/Aspire is a car you can drive and be socially invisible in. It's beyond a sleeper, it's practically a cloak of invisibility. When I first started building my first Festiva I was getting my parts from a local man who had owned dozens of these cars and was in the process of fixing up a 93 auto for his grandson. I remember him explaining to me and his grandson, " you'll need to drive it like you're invisible to everyone else, because you are. They will run right over you if you're not careful."
              I like that about these cars. I can mind my own business and just keep on keepin' on. I think a lot of us Festiva owners feel that way, and would rather not post in an area as transparent as FB.
              I look at the FB page from time to time, and I get the updates on my phone, but I'm not as comfortable using that site as I am this one. This site is like driving my Festiva, only other Festiva owners are watching me.

I like that explanation.
              i feel like i can relate.

I personally like these cars because as you basically said.
              they draw little to no attention or stand out.
              which can be great for keeping yourself out of trouble.

Most people see these cars as not very desireable.
              which helps reduce chances of break ins or theft.
              most people would think it was a waste of time
              trying to get things of value out of a "low value vehicle"

Also most people choose cars wanting status.
              they think an expensive car will buy them that.
              so they overlook the true values.
              Then they see our cars and label us as having no status or importance.
              so they just disregard us even being there.

Physical possessions mean nothing in the grand scheme of things
              Its all about what you bring to the table as a human, person and individual.
              Last edited by rmoltis; 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM.
              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                I'd like to sincerely thank the people who are still actively involved in keeping this forum alive. I know a lot of emphasis has been switched over to the FB page, but some of us aren't real enthusiastic about using FB. The forum is something I enjoy using and will continue to use as long as you guys keep up the good work.

Thank You!
                There's a Facebook page? Is it run by the person who owns FF.com? Didn't even know one existed. I love this site, or, at least I love it when I can get solid, accurate info on how to fix my Festy when it's broken. Sometimes getting correct info is hit or miss, it seems. I like the wit and humor on here almost as much as I like the mechanical help. And there are some mega, MEGA smart people here who genuinely like to help others by posting good quality pix and detailed posts of what to look for or how to fix something.

I think my main complaint is I wish the old heads were on here more than they are so they can pass their knowledge on to the rest of us. Like they say, knowledge is power.

This site is a keeper in my book and I hope it proves as reliable as our Festys! :thumbs_up:
                Last edited by Twistiva; 06-24-2015, 07:31 PM.
                88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

The Facebook page has admins on it as well but it's still just a Facebook group, the owner of the forum (25Horseplay) is active on the Facebook page even though he's never on here anymore

I'd rather be on the forum then Facebook anyway

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I don't have a Facebook [emoji29]
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

You can do it. Just start saving the faces before you dump the bodies, and then before you know it you'll have enough.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Facebook is free, and useful.

It's great for communicating with friends and family.
                        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I am constantly telling people on FB to join the forum.
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                            I am constantly telling people on FB to join the forum.
                            Whats Face Book?
                            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

From what I've heard it's more active than the forum
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

2 or 3 times a week at least, the Festiva Madness page gets questions about info and buying and such. My response is almost always "www.fordfestiva.com"
                                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X