Instant email notification...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant email notification...?

I think its dumb to have to check into the FF.com website every time there a notification is sent about a response to threads or posts, where a person wants to be informed of other posts to the same thread.

The way the system is currently set up, a person receives no notifications after one has been sent, until they check into the web site.

This seems to mean that any other places I'd like notifications about are missed until I respond to the last notification sent me.

I'm not fond of being addicted to anything, such as having to constantly monitor my emails sent from this website; particularly for superfluous reasons.

I'd guess this is some facet of the website, administrators are forced to comply with; who've reasoned this as the lessor of evils, since the problem is obvious enough?

Unfortunately the general society is so driven by consumer exploitation that many systems are set up to make unavoidable, victimization by inconvenience.

Anything not contributing to further commodification of everyone else, to contribute to the greatest possible profit of those who are the richest.

Making futile especially, lives of those in the overwhelming majority, who all over the planet live in wretched poverty.

Well, logic taken to the end; but, are my initial point, and conclusions in between about that, reasonable?
    Last edited by bobstad; 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

OK Bob if you go to User CP on the upper left hand side next to Home click on that. Then go down to Edit Options on the left hand side. Go down to Messaging & Notification.
    About midway down youll see Default Thread Subscription Mode, in there is a drop down menu with 4 options,
    No email notification,
    Instant email notification,
    Daily email notification or
    Weekly email notification.
    Just click on whichever way you want to be notified.
    Go to the bottom where it says Save Changes and click on that.
    Now you can be notified whenever youve chosen.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Yeah, I think he wants what he can't have tho, MONSOON. I think he wants to be able to read the responses in his email. Instead of just being notified that there have been responses. I think.:dontknow:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Unfortunately, that's the way the board is designed. I'm not aware of a modification that allows us to change this setting.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I probably spaced out from not having been here in awhile; then for no apparent reason I started getting new messages from an old thread about people's first ticket.

Which if I didn't check that meant I'd not receive further notices. I'd wanted to get notices from whatever thread I'd been interested in whether or not I'd replied to a previous notice or not.

Sorry about all the editorializing. I get too wrapped up in that sort of thing.

I guess whichever way I do it though, I still have to answer the notice to get further ones.

I was just surprised to get any then; whoops, I guess someone must've gotten their first ticket, remembered that old thread and had to tell us about the bummer...
          '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Working...
          X