No announcement yet.

Site Upgrades - Donation Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the site be down so I can make alternative plans?

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys... It must've been some, because Brian texted me earlier and asked "did you say something about site changes? I've got a bunch of donations today!"...

The site itself will stay as is for the actual migration... But the change of the host will allow us the ability to upgrade to a newer version of VB, which has a slew of new features.

Again - we've got a few weeks until anything happens. I just got a good export of the database and was able to upload it to the new host. Once it's imported into the SQL server there, we can begin testing.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
        When will the site be down so I can make alternative plans?
        alternate plans for what....you gonna cheat on us with the other Festy site?
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

contributed to my healthy habit!
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Donation Made. Gotta keep the internets running.

Comment

Done
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Sent ya a Franklin.

And a thank you everyone who makes this site run

Festivame

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                  I think we were trying to send stickers for anything over $15.

We try to offset the cost of the stickers and shipping and still get some benefit to the site.
                  in the past we were sending one out with a $20.00 or more donation.
                  Then I know the source was lost for the stickers and once they ran out there was no more to send.

I have seen posts in the past and recently stating that..."well I donated (x) amount and I didn't get anything". Although we appreciate any donations we receive....sending out the sticker was just something that the owner of the site was doing as a thank you without it being a policy that was set up for donations.

That being said, please do not turn this thread into a gripe session about how you have donated in the past and did not get anything in return. I believe that the site being what it is should warrant anyone that has the means to help the owner offset the cost of running the site. ( the money he receives in donations does not cover the yearly cost of maintaining the site let alone being able to upgrade the site )
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Worthy cause. I don't subscribe to PayPal but I see that is how the "donate" button on here works. Is there a name and address for sending a money order? Thanks lads.

Bert

Comment

I'll donate in your name if you'd rather stay north of the border, Bert. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        I have seen posts in the past and recently stating that..."well I donated (x) amount and I didn't get anything".
                        I don't get people like that. What do you get in return? A website free of SHOOT THE MONKEY AND GET A FREE IPAD/MANPART ENLARGER/MSN EMOTICONS type stuff with a community that is massively knowledgeable and helpful, and almost completely devoid of douchebags.

$20 in the pot, been meaning to do it for a while anyway. And don't worry about a sticker, my toolbox is way too small.
                        Last edited by Tommychu; 09-22-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Sent! Looking forward to the future possibilities of this site!
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Done. Been meaning to for quite a while, this site is for sure my addiction and always has been since I joined! I can't believe it has been 4 years already! I'm excited to see the new layout and more than happy to help support it!
                            -Josh R

Comment

Done and done.
                              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Good to go!

-Scott
                                Aqua 93 L
                                Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                                White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                                X