problems posting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems posting...

hey, i was trying to reply to a post and after wrighting what i was wanting to say, i would hit "post quick reply" like i do 90% of the time... then when i hit it, the web site just shuts down and dosnt do anything... all my other tabs open work just fine, so i dont think its my comp... its only ff.com that will do this

anyone else have this problem?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

I had this problem earlier today, I thought it was a slow connection but other sites were working fine right after that...didn't think much about it till now.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Your computer just hates you. :p
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I guess people just can't take a hint....sheeesh! LOL....not sure, if it continues let us know.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i've noted several 404 errors and other oddities in the chat room as well...
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

its doing it again...

EDIT: this post worked.... i got another tab open in my internet and its lagging and wont do anything, but this works just fine... WTF!?!?!?!
            Last edited by sasquatch; 11-01-2012, 11:01 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Everything was SLOW yesterday; E mail, home page, facebook, etc. Today alls fine. I thought it was just increased activity because of Sady.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Hmmm.... The only difference now that the forums will attempt to do is save your post every 60 seconds as a draft. The server that we're running on is not even being touched in the amount of system resources available to us, so.... we should be fine as far as that goes.

Keep an eye on it, let me know if it continues.

As far as the 404 errors, etc. I'd need to see the address in the bar that's causing those. I brought everything over (file by file) from the old server to the new one. So, we shouldn't be missing anything. I guess anything is possible though.
                Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

its to do with the auytosave thing... it only does it on longer posts or if i post it after i see the autosave thing.... is there a way to turn it off?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I don't think there is a way to do it per user... I'll keep checking though.
                    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                      its to do with the auytosave thing... it only does it on longer posts or if i post it after i see the autosave thing.... is there a way to turn it off?
                      Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                      I don't think there is a way to do it per user... I'll keep checking though.
                      never heard anyone else stating that. Did you clear your cache from the site change over?
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

its still doing it... anyone figgure anything out to fix it?

if i take more than a min to post something or i see the yellow autosave thing pop up in the corner, i cant post anything... it just freezes....
                        Last edited by sasquatch; 11-18-2012, 04:37 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

if i take more than a min to post something or i see the yellow autosave thing pop up in the corner, i cant post anything... it just freezes....
                          For a short term fix, type your reply in note or word, then copy paste.

You aren't using IE are you? The only thing IE is good for is downloading a real browser....
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

you seem to be the only one having this issue....has to be your browser or settings....something.
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Any chance you can reset your browser settings to defaults and try again? Nothing really on the forums from VB about freezing issues.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X