No announcement yet.

problems posting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty disgusted. Typed for 1/2 hour. Yeah I'm slow at it. Kept seeing auto saved in the corner. Hit the reply to thread button accidentally instead of "post quick reply". GONE! My whole reply to a repair help question. Gone. So where is that auto saved content?
    I liked a simple "submit" button. "Post quick reply" assumes alot and reminds me I'm not quick. Its all relative anyway. "Post quick reply" seems like a button that should get me started and open a window to type. It sounds encouraging, optimistic and hopeful. To use it to send a two paragraph message that took me an hour to compose is just rubbing my face in it. Its too late. It was not quick. It like saying "You suck at typing and you will be reminded every time you post here! As added swift kick in the groin there is the false hope of the auto save feature may save me if I make on misguided mouse click away from the page or hit a wrong button. I like miss "submit" and the fact that I could use my browser back button as much as I wanted and come back and my typing would still be there. Vented. Feel a bit better. Made myself chuckle. I may go back and try again to help the guy with the brake problem.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Ha I typed dis-gusted and it shows a face. Aside from hyphenating, how can I prevent that?
      Last edited by David88; 11-27-2012, 11:56 PM.
      '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
        Pretty disgusted. Typed for 1/2 hour. Yeah I'm slow at it. Kept seeing auto saved in the corner. Hit the reply to thread button accidentally instead of "post quick reply". GONE! My whole reply to a repair help question. Gone. So where is that auto saved content?
        I liked a simple "submit" button. "Post quick reply" assumes alot and reminds me I'm not quick. Its all relative anyway. "Post quick reply" seems like a button that should get me started and open a window to type. It sounds encouraging, optimistic and hopeful. To use it to send a two paragraph message that took me an hour to compose is just rubbing my face in it. Its too late. It was not quick. It like saying "You suck at typing and you will be reminded every time you post here! As added swift kick in the groin there is the false hope of the auto save feature may save me if I make on misguided mouse click away from the page or hit a wrong button. I like miss "submit" and the fact that I could use my browser back button as much as I wanted and come back and my typing would still be there. Vented. Feel a bit better. Made myself chuckle. I may go back and try again to help the guy with the brake problem.
        The , post quick reply button has always been there....even on the old site. The auto save is the new feature. When you scroll down to type a response....there are 2 way to respond. Upper left corner of the reply window is a button that says post reply....you can hit that. You can hit the post quick reply at the bottom right corner...or the go advanced to give you even more options. I know in the past when I have typed something that I did not want to lose because of a glitch or anything....you can use your mouse to highlight the test you typed , by putting the arrow on one corner of the test and then holding down the left mouse button and dragging the arrow to the opposite diagonal corner of the text, release and then right click the mouse and it will give you options. Chose copy and then if you have a glitch that prevents you from posting....you can go back to the blank reply window.....make sure you have a blinking cursor in the window, right click the mouse and then chose paste. All the text you typed will be put back. Hope that helps.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

havnt done anything diffrent and now its working fine..... not to sure what it was....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
          X