No announcement yet.

So I'm Curious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replaced both and cleaned er out. But I was still unsure and didn't want to risk it since I got this far.

Comment

Phew, good to hear! Nonamekid is right, you had leaking seals, that area should be oil free, and just keep the bottom portion on, that area doesn't usually give you problems, has markings for timing, and is useful to keep debris out. I haven't had the top cover on for many hundreds of thousands of miles with no issue.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
        Take the cover off. throw it in the trash. done.
        Originally posted by scitzz View Post
        For the upper cover, this should be one of the first mods done.
        LOL Yep.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
          LOL Yep.
          I had aproblem one time with a misplaced spacer on the bottom pulley, causing it to rub I found the problem and stopped the rubbing, might not fix your problem, but just a thought, ty

Comment

Big thanks to all for helping me. I really do appreciate it. I'm not giving up yet. Got the engine back in. Turning over, not starting. Getting fuel. Got spark n compression is great. ..? Where does this leave me now?

Comment

Originally posted by Vedga View Post
              Big thanks to all for helping me. I really do appreciate it. I'm not giving up yet. Got the engine back in. Turning over, not starting. Getting fuel. Got spark n compression is great. ..? Where does this leave me now?
              Check all your vaccume hoses are attached with no leaks and your maf is plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Vacuums are good. All wires are plugged in. Maf is good. I had to put a clutch, that's it, now it won't start. I'm kinda at a loss right now. Ps It did run fine. It was just the clutch that gave.

Comment

Fuel lines swapped?
                  One from filter goes to rail not the fuel pressure regular (UFO looking thing )

Comment

Those are fine. I even checked the fuel pump if it needed to be reset but the button is all the way down so it's good too.

Comment

Why were your spark plug wires off then? Was the cap and rotor off as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wires. Needed a little more room. Cap stayed on. Now it will only start with starting fluid. Then dies out...I'm thinking it's gas related now? Going to check pressure and ps new fuel filter.

Comment

Check that you have everything plugged in all the way, swap the relay out with one you know works...And make sure the entire intake is completely together. only the bottom half of the air box can be off and it still run.
                          Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
                          1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

Comment

It may also have got air in the fuel lines. Same like brake lines - it can cause a loss of pressure.

Is there a purge valve anywhere on your fuel rails that you can see? It would look like a tire valve. Pressure up the system and see if any air bubbles bleed out.

TIMING COVER, DEFINED: Useless piece of plastic that is intended to prevent novices from screwing up their cam timing. In practice - the only other function it has is to hide the condition of a worn out belt so that a used car dealer can jack up their price.
                            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

Working...
                            X