Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My festiva didnt come with a factory radio should it still have the wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My festiva didnt come with a factory radio should it still have the wiring?

My festiva didnt come with a factory radio should the wiring harness still be there or do i have to wire it all from scratch i havent had the chance to take off the bezel to look and i dont have to many opportunities to check right now as the car is not at my house i cant be without a radio and i plan on fixing the car up to daily drive

I can't say for certain, but I'm 99.9% sure you will find the connections for a radio in the dash wiring harness. Never had a Festiva without a radio myself.
    You should also have wire present for the two dash speakers and the two rear speakers.

Comment

I pulled a factory radio block off plate out of the junk yard a few years ago and the plugs were connected to the back of the plate. So you should also have them. If you install an aftermarket radio get a harness so you don't have to cut up the factory harness.

Comment

Thats great to hear ill update once get a chance to look in the car thank you both a ton

Comment

Update just as you guys said the wiring is plugged into the back of the cubby space on the radio bezel thank you guys so much

Comment

My '89 came with a radio and antenna. I would guess yours does not have the antenna or the antenna cable? The antenna on mine is in the driver's door post.

Correction: My car came without a radio but with the antenna and cable. It's my memory which is faulty. I bought a cheap radio and installed it. Before I put in the radio there was a moulded plastic recess in the dash where you could put stuff - sunglasses, cigarettes, whatever. I still have the moulded plastic recess. I tend not to toss things out.
            Last edited by WmWatt; 06-04-2021, 07:13 PM.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
            X