what size are the stock speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
    if you get a spreaker with a big magnet on the back of it, it will hit the glass... the ones i wanted to put in had a huge magnet in them and would hit even with a 3/4 inch spacer... i had to stick a 1/4 inch spacer on the ones i have now... but if you get a "thin" speaker it will fit just fine...

you can fit 6.5 inch in the back and 4 inch in the front (without cutting up the dash...) you CAN fit 5.25 in the dash but you have to cut the dash up... and you can fit 6.5 inch in the doors.
    I just bought a pair of 5.25s and I'm curious as to how to fit it in the dash? Is it worth the trouble or should I just mount them in the doors?
    BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

i would mount them in the doors... in the dash they point to the floor, not that good for sound...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Has anyone mounted speakers in the rear seat area? When you remove the rear seat left and right plastic panels/armrests,there is a box-like structure just forward of the shock tower that appears to lend itself well to a 6 or 6 X 9 speaker on both sides. Mounting speakers there would require some clever craftsmanship to cut matching holes in the curved surface of the panel and fabricate formfitting speaker grills. Lots of innovative & clever people in this crowd.

Comment

That's where the Mazda 323 rear speakers are mounted. It accepted stock 5.25"s but I modded it to take a 6x9.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Working...
          X