power antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power antenna

Can anyone please tell me where the Kia Pride antenna motor is located?

Does it actuate from the same slanted antenna, or somewhere else on the body?

I already checked the search engine without any luck.

These pics might help.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

looks like it'd be mounted down behind the kickpanel on the driver's side. it'll push and pull it up from bottom of the A pilar.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

picture

Thanks for posting a picture of the power antenna parts.
        Because of that, I just bought an identical NOS Kia power antenna motor off of the Bay. Now I know what they mean by fully loaded.

Does anyone have a picture of the power antenna motor installed? Or, a scan of the page from the Kia shop manual?

Comment

I wonder if you could get a generic power antenna. Also, I wonder why there was a switch and why it wasn't powered by the switch wire in the radio.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

good question

I thought about that too. There are lots of those Pride antenna switches for sale on the Bay. I guess it's just an excuse to fill up an unused switch cover on your instrument panel. Prides even had a separate switch for the hazard lights.

Comment

Kia shop manual

I checked online for a Kia Pride shop manual, but couldn't find one. Just owners manuals.

Still need a scan of the power antenna installation section.

I will post better pictures and instructions on how to install it when it arrives from Germany.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2010, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I had Mirko take a picture of a used Kia Pride power antenna in it's http://bwbronze.com/festiva/Bild004.jpg installed position.
                It looks to me as though it is in the driver's fender well. What does it look like to you? It almost looks kinked at the top. Maybe he bent it out a bit.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 10-11-2010, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Pride shop manual

Finally got a Kia Pride Shop manual on the Bay.

I will post pdf links to the power antenna and power window info so that everyone can check it for accuracy.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 10-13-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

mild disappointment

I received both the brand new 96 Pride shop manual and the NOS antenna motor today. I was disappointed to find that the power windows and power antenna were not covered in the manual. The dash clock was covered. The manual is very well put together and covers a large number of topics not discussed in the Ford shop manuals.

I was glad to find out that the antenna came with the mounting bracket.
                    Here is a closeup of the front.
                    Here is a closeup of the back.

Comment

Definitely the fender well. That makes sense. What I can't figure out, though, is if you would need to run the antenna cable from the power antenna a different way, or where it might return to the car to be used by the stereo.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

drain hole

At least the question of where the drain hole is has been answered. You can see it in the first picture. The guy from Germany is sending everything that is left of his power antenna to me so I can see how the antenna is connected to the motor. There is a clip that holds it in place. I may have to get another antenna from another vehicle.

I never had a power antenna before. I will keep everyone posted. I will have a spare antenna motor to sell after I get mine installed properly. I am trying my hands on a 91 Pride electrical schematic manual.

Comment

I have received the 91 Pride electrical schematic manual. Unfortunately, the wiring info I was looking for is not in there. Does anyone know how the power antenna motor actually works?
                          I tested the motor and it purrs quietly in both directions. But what is it actually doing? How far is the power antenna supposed to go up? Same as the manual one? The Kia plastic antenna tube is quite a bit shorter than the Festiva one.
                          The Kia antenna roof mount is a lot beefier than the Festiva mount.

Comment

hi, my kia pride sedan have power antenna.=) it's controlled using a switch.. i think i can help you but the problem my car is in manila and im here at tuguegarao, cagayan.... i'm going home on the 17th... i hope you can wait..
                            yes its mounted on the left A pillar in slanting positon like the stock ones...
                            i think its as long as the stock antenna
                            Last edited by gerard; 12-02-2010, 03:58 AM.

kia pride beta gtx (4 door sedan in Philippines)
                            1.3L carb engine
                            b+g lowering springs
                            15" mags with 185/45/r15 tires

Kia pride 2 door
                            1.1L carb engine
                            all stock=))

Comment

here's a pic...sorry this is the pic i only have.... ill get some pics on the 17th.
                              Last edited by gerard; 12-02-2010, 04:10 AM.

kia pride beta gtx (4 door sedan in Philippines)
                              1.3L carb engine
                              b+g lowering springs
                              15" mags with 185/45/r15 tires

Kia pride 2 door
                              1.1L carb engine
                              all stock=))

Comment

Working...
                              X