difficulty????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficulty????

i'm looking at buying a 92 festiva,but it doesn't have a radio in it from the factory,how difficult is it to put a stereo and speakers in it,is all the wiring there?

My guess would be probably. In my experience most of the wiring is in most of the cars, things like power mirrors and rear wipers, etc., whether or not the car came equipped with those options. Never owned one without a radio, but I've had a couple that came without rear speakers, however the wiring harness was right there behind the trim panel at the spot for the speakers. If possible just pull the trim plate where the radio should be, and see if there's a harness back there. I think its two four wire plugs and a two or three wire one. Also, don't forget you'll need an antenna
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Installing an antenna: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...hlight=antenna

Speaker wire is simple to run if you don't have any.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Even if it didn't came with speaker wiring, it's a super easy job. Any aftermarket stereo system will sound better than the junk Festiva's came stock with.
        Oscar

Comment

where you at bluefever?
          It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

littleton,new hampshire

Comment

i could help you out, i'm down at the bottom of crawford notch, in glen, nh, lol
              1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

Working...
              X