This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -------------->Radio Harness Adapters<------------

Also you can go to your local Best Buy/Circuit City and find them under a 88 mazda RX-7. Thats what I've done.

Originally posted by elcamino1
    I got mine from Autozone,also have seen them at murrays,advance auto and pepboys
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

just get the haynes book from any auto parts store and cut off the original harness and tie in with the one
    that comes with the radio you bought. there are only about 10 wires its quite simple.
    Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
    - Dennis Grant
    FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Originally posted by floydiancomplex
      just get the haynes book from any auto parts store and cut off the original harness and tie in with the one
      that comes with the radio you bought. there are only about 10 wires its quite simple.
      Which one is power and ground? I'm trying to do it as we speak lol. My harness is not fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by floydiancomplex View Post
        Please do not do this.
        imho the kits are better.
        Unless you plan to be the final owner of the car,
        It's just a PITA for the next owner to figure out your wiring.
        J

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

^yeah bad idea! When and if you want to go bad stock or sell the vehicle, keep the install simple.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I just bought two Festiva radio harness wiring adaptors at Bestbuy.com:
            brand: Scosche
            model: HA502
            SKU: 7197972
            cost: $12.99 apiece w/free shipping.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Aspire radio wiring harness adaptors:
              Metra 70-1770
              Scosche FD02B

Best Buy lists them both, but as of today the Scosche is out of stock so I ordered the Metra one, for $30. The Scosche is $13.
              Last edited by TominMO; 09-16-2011, 05:15 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

sonix electronix gives you a harness and a face plate kit for your car free with the purchase of a radio

Comment

I would be willing to make pigtail adapters for any member, if you sent me the plugs + wiring schematic that came with your new stereo. They would be plug and play. No splicing, soldering, butt joints, tape, cutting or short circuits. I have the proper connectors and terminals.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 03-29-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I de-soldered the plugs on the back of my stock radio and used the socket from the stock radio as my adapter it did take some time also not recommended if you plan on using the stock radio again, but I found that this way was the cheapest and easiest way to do it without destroying the wires inside the car.
                    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

Working...
                    X