Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo'd my b3, now i need a clutch, suggestions please!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo'd my b3, now i need a clutch, suggestions please!!!!

I have a 90 L 5spd 336K all original miles...I turbo'd it last week, runs perfect and surprisingly quick. At 7lbs i'm turning the clutch to smoke . Im using the the stock 5spd and b3 for now..is there a stronger clutch I can use that will fit the b3 and stock tranny?
    Thanks guys
    :cry:

I would check with Festiva Motor Sports, thats where I bought my perfomance clutch from. I have also seen some high performance clutch kits on Ebay. The festiva trans should be ok as long as you are not launching extremely hard or running slicks. I would love to see some pics.

Comment

try www.specclutch.com

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I want pics too.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks for answering so quickly! I just purchased the stage 2 clutch from spec, cant wait to actually be able to drive it again! lol I live in an apartment so I keep the Fasty at my dads place, I will be doing the Aspire brake swap either tomorrow or this weekend so I will take some pics then and get them up asap. Please keep in mind I fabed all this myself, so while it is legit, it is HIGHLY custom lol you'll see what I mean ;P
          Thanks again guys!
          Josh

Comment

You need to share the details of this build up with us!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Side shot, before brake swap.

336K ALL original miles. The proof is in the clutch post boost lol. Oh yeah, and the odometer.

Cluster

This is what 336K of gunk looks like. Slow leaks I guess, it only uses about 1/2qt between changes.

Boost/vacuum and oil pressure gauge, just chillin for now, they dont move much.

I moved the battery to the back using the 0/2 pure copper line that powered my amp when I drove the car regular, 500 miles a day until winter, the heat is awful!

Next I Moved the MAF to the battery tray.

I made the harness longer with trailer wiring and wrapped it up with loom, ran under the core support.

This is where it gets interesting..I didnt want to take the time and trouble to make a manifold so I did something a little different. Using the stock exhaust I made a 180 elbow, cut the stock downpipe about 1' or so from the doughnut gasket. I hand flared one end of the elbow with 17/8" steel stock and a block of wood, took about 10 minutes.

On the other end I used flexible exhaust pipe...

...to connect to elbow #2 and and flange I made. The flange is an old MOPAR motor mount, the elbow is made from cuts of the stock exhaust. I made a copper gasket for the flange from an old plate I found at my grandmas.

Now for my favorite part. I relocated the battery and MAF so I could mount the turbo in place of the MAF..on the fender The exhaust housing was ran through the cold air intake hole behind the air box, made slightly larger with an angle grinder.

Here you can see the turbo and ducting wich is just flex radiator hose. Notice the small kink in the charge pipe. It does not restrict flow. I made the mounting brackets from a junk metal cabinet brace. It is mounted to the strut tower and another mount below welded to the car, I for to get a pic of them.

FMU. I realized after I bought this there is a vacuum trick to max the fuel pressure for free, but what the hell, it matches the car.

Top view. I used the stock intake tube and plugged the vent and resonance box.

Wide view from top.. She runs perfect and sounds insane, I love it.

Thought I'd throw in a pic of the 'Cuda and 300z just because.

Comment

SWEET!!!!! Not many people go this route(B3 turbo). Would love to see some dyno numbers. I am guessing you are probably at 135whp.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by av8ter
                  SWEET!!!!! Not many people go this route(B3 turbo). Would love to see some dyno numbers. I am guessing you are probably at 135whp.

Kevin
                  My guess is under 100. 90ish. But that is veryyyyyyy cool. First b3 turbo i have seen .
                  88' Ford Festiva
                  97' Chevy Silverado Z71
                  94' Chevy S-10

Comment

is that a 14b or 16g turbo and how many pounds of boost are you running?

Comment

I have to say , I have seen it all

That is way cool !! Congrats

When you want a turbo and you want it now :lol:

Please video it running and do some vids of driving , I am very anxious to hear this run
                      ------------------------------------------------
                      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

This is something that I would be interested in knowing a little more about. I would love to put a turbo on my girlfriend's Festiva with the Festiva Motorsports B3.
                        90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
                        92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
                        94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
                        94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Quickslick4444: I'm guessing about 90 as well. Its fast now, I could only imagine the rush for you guys with 200+fwhp!

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
                            is that a 14b or 16g turbo and how many pounds of boost are you running?
                            Ah, i discovered quoting! lol
                            Neither, its a tiny tiny 13G. It spools reasonably fast, I get full boost towards the end of second. Im running 7lbs...for now :wink:

Comment

I was told a turbo wouldnt work with the MAF meter, they said it would just slam it shut. How did you get by this? Because I'm wanting to do the same thing.

Thanks,
                              Mikey
                              91 festiva automatic, soon to be turbo'd

97 dodge 2500 cummins, toy truck, 500+ rwhp. Low 12's 1/4 @ 6400lb

91 dodge cummins-tow truck

Comment

Working...
                              X