b6 timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 timing

hay guys, does anyone know what the timing should be set to on a FI B6, thanks

I believe default is 10 BTDC?

Comment

as i've read off of Mitchel on Demand, 6 BTDC is correct....
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

hum, soooooo :shock: LOL

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician
          hum, soooooo :shock: LOL
          Either will work; the question is whether you want to pay for Regular, Mid-grade or Premium, to prevent knocking.

Gradually increase the ignition timing and see what the motor is comfortable with on Regular gas; once it starts knocking, go back a little on timing. For more power, put a tank of Mid-grade in and do the same thing. Same with Premium.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X