Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found: Weber carb kit for 1988-89 Festiva (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have the same holley-weber carb on our lemons car and figured it was just a redneck install. It looks like it bolts directly onto the manifold with no adapter, but we haven't had it off in a long time. Choke is wired open, jam a screwdriving in the linkage to keep it running for a minute or two and it's fine. Runs rich at idle and off the scale of my wideband O2 under throttle. We're replacing it after this race, most likely with an efi BP swap.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

^ wanna send that setup my way when you're done?
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain View Post
        We have the same holley-weber carb on our lemons car and figured it was just a redneck install. It looks like it bolts directly onto the manifold with no adapter....
        Wow that would be great if it didn't even need an adaptor plate!
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I was wrong. I went looking for pictures and found a shot of the carb with an adapter plate visible below it.

According to my teammate, it's very poorly done, but could serve as a good template. It's a chunk of 1/4" aluminum that someone attacked with a dremel and a case of beer. Two studs pass through from the original carb mount, then two bolts with the heads ground flush hold the plate to the manifold, then two tapped holes for the carb to bolt to.

We'd be happy to pass it along when we're done with it. Any money we get from the sale increases our $500 limit.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Bump, just because. Some of the links don't work any more tho.

Weber Jetting Chart

The various 32/36 DGV types are basically set up for a 1.8 liter motor, so take that into account when jetting for a Festy.
            DGEV is electric choke, DGAV is water choke, and DGV is manual choke.

Those who have experience setting up their Webers for B3s and B6s please chime in for the rest of us, to save some reinventing the wheel and lots of questions. What motor, what jets you used.
            Last edited by TominMO; 03-09-2015, 09:03 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              Wow that would be great if it didn't even need an adaptor plate!
              You can have one without an adapter plate. Just add a little welding, drilling and tapping.
              You gonna race that thing?
              http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
                You can have one without an adapter plate. Just add a little welding, drilling and tapping.
                http://www.jmflumber.com/xtrafiles/Carbconver6.jpg
                I know that now. Five years and four months ago I didn't. But good to bring up anyway. Nice B6 carby mani there.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Thanks for the input and picture. I think that a good machinist could even make up a one-piece adapter, with just the Festiva and Weber gaskets as templates. Does the carb say Holley-Weber? I think it's just a Weber. The only Holley-Webers I am familiar with are one-barrels, found on some old Subarus. 32/36 means it's a two-barrel carb, of course.

Good stock carbed motor, probably worth 10 more HP:
                  Weber 32/32 carb
                  FMS street cam
                  full FMS exhaust system
                  40,000-volt coil, such as Jeg's part #555-40105 (red, $19) or 555-40100 (chrome, $20); www.jegs.com; 800-345-4545
                  10% larger plug gap for more complete fuel burning
                  upgraded plug wires
                  advance ignition to the point that you need premium or at least mid-grade gas
                  racing stripes or flames
                  Do the stripes or flames increase the fuel economy or horsepower lol

Comment

Working...
                  X