No announcement yet.

Rear tranny mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm - I'll have to check. I don't think I pulled it out of the back of the cluster (didn't pull on that section at all) - it might just be the wire inside... I didn't know at first that I could've just removed the whole gear to begin with (instead of unthreading the top piece)...

Here's a few shots my friend took with his camera phone of my damage:

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Wow.. What a PITA that swap was... I thought it was be an easy task and it wasn't... Got it done all by myself with a little bit of help of Amber (gf) in the end though.

It seems to drive a lot better. There's a big difference in vibrations now than before too, which is a good thing. autoX, here we come.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I did a New clutch and trany replace on my Festi 2 months ago and the Mount was also in two peices. I needed the car back in action ASAP so I just pounded out the Bolt from the one half of mount and drilled a hole all the way through the mount and replaced it with a carage bolt. I get a little more vibration when Idleing but it will never come apart again...lol

Comment

oh shoot. i thought that mount was supposed to be in 2 pieces... it was on mine and the donor car... oh oh
          89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
          RIP 90LX

Comment

Working...
          X