b6t crank in a b6 block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t crank in a b6 block?

im gonna go turbo now... lol... anyways i have a lead on a set of wiesco b6t pistons, i know they fit but im wondering if the crank will fit too? also whats stronger? bp or b6t rods? im thinking b6t but not to sure....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Turbo rods, they handle the extra boost from the turbo.
    Chuck
    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
    If money will fix it, it's not broken
    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
    93 GL - Lil Red
    91 L - Tweetystiva
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
      Turbo rods, they handle the extra boost from the turbo.
      but i have read that the bp rods can handel like 300hp but once you get past 200hp on the b6t rods its getting risky....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^ wrong

The B6t are "stronger" than the Bp rods. Granted the bp rods are also in the BPT's. The only stock option for stronger than the B6T rods is the BPD GTR rods...

Also depends on the price point your working towards. Decent aftermarket miata rods surpass even the GTR rods & weigh less to boot.
        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

iirc 1.6 miatas have made 250hp on stock rods and theyre weaker than b6t rods.
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

all b6 botom end parts will swap save for the pistons (bore remains the same, valve reliefs can change).

run the lighter of the two rods, you won't break them unless you're tune is off.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks for the info guys cant wait to get it all working

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
              X