MSD 6AL and Blaster 2 Coil Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD 6AL and Blaster 2 Coil Install

I drive a 90 Festiva L 5-spd and I have a MSD 6AL Ignition Amplifier and a MSD Blaster 2 Coil laying around in the garage my dad took off his nova,so i figured y not add them to the car since they'll just collect dust if i dont. I was searching all over including ALLDATA and Mitchell to see which wire comes from the pick up coil this way i can hook the box up in the car but so far i havn't found a thing that helps.
    It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
    90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
    89 LX auto- sold to a friend
    89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
    99 Jeep Cherokee SE
    07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
    07 GSX-R 600 K7

Originally posted by gtk7 View Post
    I drive a 90 Festiva L 5-spd and I have a MSD 6AL Ignition Amplifier and a MSD Blaster 2 Coil laying around in the garage my dad took off his nova,so i figured y not add them to the car since they'll just collect dust if i dont. I was searching all over including ALLDATA and Mitchell to see which wire comes from the pick up coil this way i can hook the box up in the car but so far i havn't found a thing that helps.
    Just FYI, read my posting here...

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You will have to remove the ignition control module from the distributor (it unplugs from the sensor) and mount the sensor back in it's original place using spacers. Mine came with spacers and connectors to plug into the sensor. Plug the signal wires from the 6al in there. Then just use the original wires to the coil, power etc.

Comment

So you can run an MSD 6A and Blaster II coil correct? I clicked the link to the other post and it was just plain confusing and made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mturner2003 View Post
          So you can run an MSD 6A and Blaster II coil correct? I clicked the link to the other post and it was just plain confusing and made no sense.
          The MSD 6A unit I don't know about. You could use the Blaster II though.

I wanted you to read my long post in that thread I gave, so you could check to see if you had a reliable coil or not.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            The MSD 6A unit I don't know about. You could use the Blaster II though.

I wanted you to read my long post in that thread I gave, so you could check to see if you had a reliable coil or not.
            The only difference between a 6A and a 6AL is 6AL's have a rev limiter. So I reckon it'll work, lol.

Comment

Many people run the coil on here. It's a two spicer wirer ordeal!
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

The coil is very simple to install, the hardest part was finding a good place to mount it out of the way of everything but a coil strap and a few self tapping screws take care of that easily with a longer coil primary wire to the distributor, mines up on the firewall between the fender and the wiper motor, ill post pics eventually when i finish the hook up of the 6AL box
                It's not the size that counts....It's how you use it.

90 L 5spd- BP project
                90 L auto-rusted out and wrecked used as a parts shed
                89 LX auto- sold to a friend
                89 L 4spd- Gave to cousin as a first car

95 Honda Civic EX
                99 Jeep Cherokee SE
                07 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
                07 GSX-R 600 K7

Comment

Working...
                X