MX3 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX3 Engine

What engine came in the Mx3? Is the 1.6 a B series engine? If so, i can get a DOHC 1.6 16 valve for pretty cheap at another wrecking yard, but this yard sucks lol, all there stuffs stocked, you cant walk in, you cant pull anything yourself and if its not pulled you have to pay extra...i hope the motors put of the car...

92-93 Mazda MX3 engine (B6-ME?) - 1.6 liter SOHC 16v. Puts out 88hp

94-95 Mazda MX3 engine (B6-DE) - 1.6 liter DOHC 16v. Same engine as the Capri, but puts out 105hp.

They both are b series and will fit in the festiva.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Hi Matt

First time for me to post to this forum and I'd like to ask since your in the
      topic of the 94-95 MX3 B6-DE engine.... would a G25MR tranny bolt in?

Thanks,
      Manny

Comment

Some MX3's also came with 1.8 BP's, and some came with a 1.8 v6.

Comment

No MX-3's came with bp's and the b6 isn't a b6de its a b6ze its different from the capris motor by a long shot. You can trust me on this since wil has a mx-3 and he has done a lot of research on that car and well the first engine that we swapped into the car was a b6de from the Capri and the one in there now is from a MX-3. Oh yeah and its a pita to wire the car with the dohc engine. Mine wouldn't run correctly so I got a mechanic to do what I couldn't do which was get it running good. As for the tranny its bolted right up to the engine in the MX-3 which is why you can use a MX-3 flywheel which is light weight much more than the festiva and an ACT clutch which are amazing.
          the blue b6-ze oh yeah!!

Comment

^^ hmm. Maybe it was a Protege i saw in the JY with the BP. Can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSupra12
              ^^ hmm. Maybe it was a Protege i saw in the JY with the BP. Can't remember.
              Yeah, I have an MX-3 and I'll second that there was never a BP.
              '92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

Working...
              X