questions on dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on dual exhaust

ok i was woundering if any one ever do dual exhaust out before the rear tire? my bp car had one on the pass side i want to have one on driver and pass side on my new bp car, but i am worried because on the driver side the fuel lines and break lines run along the side and i don't want to rupture them. my dad said i could like run a half of a pipe over them where the pipe will run just to protect them, but i don't know if that would work the greatest or at all. maybe it i do the pipe and some intsulator in side of it to help absorb the heat, but i'm not sure whats your thoughts guys?

It would be pretty pointless in a 4 cylinder except for looks imo. If you do it I want to see dual fart cans on it!

But seriously if you want to do some exhaust work put on one of those pacesetter 4 to 1 headers you can pick one up used for about $100 and run some custom straight back exhaust with a nice non fart can muffler on it.
    Last edited by big_ty2003; 11-08-2009, 10:40 PM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

i hate fart cans i am using a cherry bomb i had that on it the first time i loved the way it sounded.
      hear is what it sounded like on the bp car its only 14 seconds but it sounds good.

i thought duals would sound sweet. i really don't care if it's a 4 banger it can sound good if you try.
      Last edited by nonamekid; 11-09-2009, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That sounds like me after a bowl of chili.:fart:

j/k it doesn't sound too bad until right before it cuts out.
        Last edited by big_ty2003; 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

lol yeah that motor is in rebuild time. lol it's getting bored .020 over and trying to find some good performance cams for it, but all the sites o go to like quit working when i get to waht i want lol and it sucks.
          Last edited by hofficergrover; 11-09-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

how do you think it would sound if you made "true duals"? Run 2 header pipes to one pipe and the other two to another pipe. I might experiment with that sometime but I dont know if it would improve/ horrify the sound.
            Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Honestly I thought about that, but I don't know like how I would I really don't have the tools to do extream exhaust work. I was planing on using what I have on the car and at the end getting a y well like a t that had the t part around lime 45 angels and run out before the tires.

Comment

I dont know about where you live but where I am the exhaust tip has to be behind the passenger compartments. It might be different for a car but thats how it was for my truck.
                Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

out hear where i live in ohio i don't even have to get checked for emission. but the real problem with making it true dual is that depending on the size of the pipe it might not fit in the vally under the car.

Comment

I think if one was to do true duals, you should run a H pipe.

Although it may have an interestingly cam-lopish sound without it.
                    -Caleb
                    Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                    So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

get a 4-2-1 header and chop the 2-1 collector out and run duals off of that... that may sound cool... or it may sound like junk... i dont know...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I have been thinking of doing the true dual thing for a few years now but have not had the car yet to do it with. Once I make it through winter I will definitely do it with the new engine.....I have too....lol
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Yeah I think il try the true duals, but il make the other way as well and see what I like and how they sound. Guys check this striker kit out. Search 2.1 bp stroker it's the first result. On google
                          Last edited by hofficergrover; 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Is it a FlyinMiata product?

I know they have stroker kits for the 1.6 and 1.8 BPs
                            -Caleb
                            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

that kit would be sweet to have

Comment

Working...
                              X