No announcement yet.

questions on dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you may want to consider before getting too crazy with power adders.................

The BP/Festiva swap suffers from a serious lack of traction and wheel hop. Also, the Festiva tranny is really the weakest link and is geared pretty fast. Adding more HP is great, but if you have the extra money to spend, I would do a "G" trans swap if your not already. If you are already doing a "G" trans swap, I would look into a posi differential or suspension and tire upgrades. Make the most of what you got before adding more!
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

yeah i am using the f series tanny getting it from damkid. do thay make tehm for the f series?

Comment

hey is this a the gear i would need it i got that cam?

Comment

Check this out.
          Cold air intake $50-$100 http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40329

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
            yeah i am using the f series tanny getting it from damkid. do thay make tehm for the f series?
            I don't know about the F series, but I'm sure others on here would be able to tell you.
            I think if I ever do a BP swap, I'll do the the F series trans as well. I think it should be plenty stout (given the light weight of a Festiva) and should offer the advantages of slightly less physical weight and less internal friction than a G series. There should be other low-buck tricks you could do to improve traction and reduce wheel hop, like using all poly bushings in the front end, poly or solid motor mounts, Aspire front sway bar, etc.
            The BP swap should be capable of a lot faster times than most people get............if you can just get the power to the ground.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

yeah thats the only thing that will mess with me the track never likes me i rather do it on the street.

Comment

Working...
              X