what transmission is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what transmission is this

this is the replacement tranny i have for my bp.

is it worth using? i was told it was from a 89 323 and it has lsd. right now im only making around 180 ft/lbs, but i need one that with stand closer to 250ft/lbs for when i turn the boost back up.

F series a little stronger than what you have but not much.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
      F series a little stronger than what you have but not much.
      shoot. is it even worth putting in? i would need to order a clutch and flywheel for it to right? i have the axles i think.

i guess i should look for a g-series. what will i need to make the g-series work? i know i will need a good clutch. not trying to spend a ton here, but i would like to do it right so i dont have to do it again.

Comment

Either way you will need to make mounts, get correct axles, and a matching flywheel and clutch.

The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Take a look in my update thread and you can see what you have to do. And if you have any question just ask them I'm always here to help.
          Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Might as well just look out for what you *really* need.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

wow this is gonna suck. i better start looking for another dd meanwhile

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
                Take a look in my update thread and you can see what you have to do. And if you have any question just ask them I'm always here to help.
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23657
                which page is your bp tranny stuff on? sorry i didnt look through all of them. looks like a pretty in depth project

Comment

i thinking about using this transmission anyway. its still stronger than the previous tranny, which lasted for 12k miles at 240whp. i dont have time to find all the parts and peice them together for the g-series. i think the f-series will be easier... i already have the tranny and the axles, all i need is the flywheel and the clutch and some custom tranny mounts.

too bad my first tranny swap has to be custom.

can anyone point me to a nice DIY read on swapping a tranny in a festiva? i know it wont be exactly the same, but it will give me an idea of where to start.

Comment

ALL festiva tranny swaps are custom.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                      can anyone point me to a nice DIY read on swapping a tranny in a festiva? i know it wont be exactly the same, but it will give me an idea of where to start.
                      Really?!? Try here:

here:

or here:

That should pretty much cover any question you could have on swapping the transmission.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

good that first link was exactly what i was looking for.

still more questions though like where is a good place to buy a strong flywheel and clutch for an f-series?

Comment

the stock mazda flywheels are plenty strong. I've had very good luck with SPEC clutches.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Truthfully I surprised it lasted 12k behind a boosted bp.

250 torque is pushing it with the g-series which came with 136 torque from the factory. So you are basically trying to double its designed output and expect it to be robust. Compared to other brands transmissions, mazda's are glass. I'm not saying it cant be done just, watch what you do to it.
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

you bought a project car.. Its gonna be like this for as long as you own it.. At least that is how mine is.. Pull it into the garage once a week and give it a once over and make sure everything is correct.. lol cant live with it and cant live without it!

Try to find a g-series and you wont have to mess with it at all if you are easy on her..
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X