Ram Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Header

Pics of one of the things I'm working on now.....

PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

drooldrooldrool very nice and very good skill

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

thats a VERY cool design is it equal length? #4 looks a bit long...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

all with in an inch, but it makes no difference with a turbo header . A turbo works from and causes backpressure in the header , this backpressure can be as high as 60 lbs in high hp engines, it also no longer requires exhaust scavaging to aid in intake draw as the intake is pressurized. I'made a few minor changes to header since pics were taken , will post when finished

Comment

cool, must just be my eyes then cause #4 looks longer to me lol.... i thought that equal length headers (even for turbo) gave more power... and gave a bit better sound....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

that is kool looking is that for a b3
            the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
            \/\_____________FORD
            FOREVER

Comment

If tubing length makes no difference....then why didn't you just make a "log" style header? On high horsepower engines exhaust pressure is usually less than inlet pressure. 60 lbs of exhaust pressure means the turbo is probably too small....heat and airflow, not excessive backpressure spin the properly sized turbo. Nice looking work
              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

no. 4 just looks longer because its straightened out , its actully the same length as no. 1. As for more power thats from increased flow of a tubular header. I've tested equal and unequal headers on turbo engines putting out big power , hp advantages could be counted on one hand, not all that important!

Comment

a friend of mine has the world quickest modular powered car 2400 hp 6.30s @225mph it's 281ci twin 76mm turbos 48lbs of boost 62 lbs header backpressure , there's not turbo sizing problems it's just fact @ at a certain level of performance. or his cars a 250,000$ mistake.

Comment

Very nice work. Any plans for a B6 header in the future?
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

''log style'' so easy a caveman could do it!

Comment

For now i plan on sticking with the b3 , i have no plans for a b6 ,but that doesn't mean i wouldn't build one if someone needs one.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                          ''log style'' so easy a caveman could do it!
                          OK, That's not funny. I'm outta here!!! Anybody seen my jacket? It's buckskin with fringe.LOL
                          Chuck
                          Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                          If money will fix it, it's not broken
                          91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                          93 GL - Lil Red
                          91 L - Tweetystiva
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                          http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

48 to 62 is approaching a 1:1 ratio. If you had that much back pressure and only making 15 - 20 lbs of boost I'd say you have a problem. That mod motor must be awesome with 2400hp and 48lbs of boost!! And I agree a header is better than a "log". Once again, nice work! Curious to see how a B3 holds up to the power you have planned.
                            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Thanks, but i never said anything about my festiva or any festiva have that kind of backpressure or never mentioned 15-20 lbs of boost. I simply stated that in high hp race engines its common to see those numbers. A high hp festiva can be 200 hp some engines i've worked on make more than that per cylinder , @ this level fundamentals change to level some people have never seen so it becomes hard to understand for some.

Comment

Working...
                              X