Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what size primary are you using?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
      Very nice work. Any plans for a B6 header in the future?
      If he's making one for the B3 then it will fit the early B6
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
        If he's making one for the B3 then it will fit the early B6
        Mine is from an 86 323, so the B3 header will work?
        Chuck
        Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
        If money will fix it, it's not broken
        91 GL -Ol' Rusty
        93 GL - Lil Red
        91 L - Tweetystiva
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
        http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
          Mine is from an 86 323, so the B3 header will work?
          I have a b6 header....
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

primary size is 1 3/8 in.
            PROPOGATE! AND FACILITATE!

Comment

^ thank you. would you recomend stepping to 1.5 for the B6, or are you on the large side for the B3 to account for the additional turbo volume?
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I would go with 1 3/8 on the b6 as well , 1 1/2 would reduce turbine response .

Comment

would 1.5 inch on a bp be to big?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

On an other wise stock engine yes. would need to be over 250 hp to go bigger.

Comment

so a 250hp or more bp and 1.5 inch piping for the manifold would be ok? what about the exhaust after the turbo? im wondering if i should go 2.5 inch or 3 inch....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

2.5-3.0 would be fine as you want no back pressure out of the turbine . This will lower egt's ( good for exhaust valves and burning oil off valve guides) and increase turbo response!

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                          all with in an inch, but it makes no difference with a turbo header .
                          ?????
                          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdickmeyer View Post
                            2.5-3.0 would be fine as you want no back pressure out of the turbine . This will lower egt's ( good for exhaust valves and burning oil off valve guides) and increase turbo response!
                            sweet, thanks

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

"A turbo works from and causes backpressure in the header" if this is the case,then the turbo is the restriction and primary tubing size would be irrelevant....
                              1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                              1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                              1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                              1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                              1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                              1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                              1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

^ i think it has somthing to do with velocity... the smaller the pipe the higher velocity the air will be going...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                                X