Solid transmission mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid transmission mounts?

Anyone running solid transmission mounts on their G5MRs? I can get them made in a heartbeat but i don't know if it would be a bad idea, I can imagine it'd be really rough during engagement of the clutch but what would it do cruising?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

vibrate your fillings loose.... unless you have a super ballanced bottom end...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i have a solid front one... its not to bad... i dont know how bad it would be with both of them solid but its not bad with the front one done... but i still havnt been on the freeway yet so i may change my mind once i get it up to 100kmh (60 ish mph) it may vibrate like crazy ill let you know tomorrow

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        vibrate your fillings loose....
        It will do that. I used a solid one on the front of the engine (passenger side) with the 1.8L because of the space limitations. If your car never had rattle noises before, it will with a solid mount.

You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

I solid both ft and rear mounts. If I have coins loose in the ash tray or in the bottom compartment, it makes nois. Other wise I dont even notice. Just to mention, I used that window sealant so it has very little movment. I did it for clearence reasons also.
          DV8 1 :twisted:
          MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
          2003 Protege5
          1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
          1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
          1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
          1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

Originally posted by No Pstns View Post
            I solid both ft and rear mounts. If I have coins loose in the ash tray or in the bottom compartment, it makes nois. Other wise I dont even notice. Just to mention, I used that window sealant so it has very little movment. I did it for clearence reasons also.
            So they aren't solid or they are? Because if there is any type of rubber isolator between the transmission and frame that isn't solid.
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

It's not a Festiva, but I drove a Mustang with solid mounts once. It was like riding a paint shaker.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

LMAO @ "paint shaker"! :mrgreen:

A good compromise (on Mustangs anyway) is to use Poly mounts instead of solids. It helps tone it down a little bit. I've been contemplating how hard it would be to make poly bushings for the Mazda motors.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

I've been trying to locate the stock rubber mounts so I can have some dampening because in my stupidity I sent the auto ones with the transmission. The junkyards here suck though because they don't generally keep Festivas in the yard.
                  Current cars:

Comment

its nice at about 100kmh (60mph) the worst speed for vibrating is 80kmh and its not that bad...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I have all solid mounts and it is violent. My kidneys hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X