Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mock up pictures of my sohc b series turbo kit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mock up pictures of my sohc b series turbo kit!!!

posted pics on my bulid thread but i thought id post a new thread so that more people might see it and try jump on the sohc turbo bandwagon

thanks to sasquatch for the idea!!!!!!!! hope there is no shame in copying

the plans are: t25 turbo, aspire manifold, power xs silvia turbo elbow, custom downpipe, and some form of fuel managment which i havnt decided on yet

enjoy:

yahhh i know there is still lots of work to be done.

Comment

looks good!

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Lot of work huh?
        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

well to be honest to get it sitting the way it is RIGHT now was really easy... i just got the aspire manifold, cut it, and pretty much bolted everything together took me about a couple hours

i still need to weld a flange to the aspire manifold and make 2 more peices that attatch to the turbo, and a downpipe..

my return line is done, my feed line is done... now water lines now as we speak in need to figure out where to get them.

Comment

its all b6T stuff

Comment

looking good

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i want to see it in your festiva..

Comment

Oh god do I ever want that downpipe.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

If u ever make akit like u say put me down for one
                    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                    1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                    1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                      ... now water lines now as we speak in need to figure out where to get them.
                      That's easy, you can put a ferrel and a compression fitting on that little tube that comes out of the head*, then cut the bead off the other little tube on the water pipe and put a ferrel and a compression fitting on that. Now put brass hose barbs on those compression fittings and then you've got your in and out. *That little pipe that comes out of the head was a little suspect to me because it's just a press fit, so I just pulled it out with some pliers and tapped the hole with a 1/8" npt pipe tap and put the hose barb directly into the head. Also used reuseable/swivel type -an fittings at the turbo.
                      The water pipe is a bit rusty and the second fitting is obscured by the top hose in the first pic. I used a 90 degree fitting on the water pipe to point at the turbo.
                      If you look close you can see what I described:

Last edited by iceracerdude; 06-16-2010, 06:57 PM.
                      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

thanks iceracer dude thats perfect doesnt look bad at all to do either

and the downpipe can be found on ebay really easily, its for a 180sx and there are ton laying around.

Comment

just got my cartech FMU friday... going to make the downpipe tomo and try figure out how my fmu works should be fun

Comment

has anyone dealt with a cartech fmu before? im not entirely sure which one i bought lol. it also has one vacum port line which i know where to hook up but there is one vaccum port for a check valve..

where can i get a check valve that can fit onto a vacum line? does anyone have experience with these cartech units?

Comment

I sure hope those zip-ties are just temporary

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X