Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mock up pictures of my sohc b series turbo kit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope they arent!! i kept on blowing copper gasket flanges on my miata so i solved that by eliminating a flange!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
      has anyone dealt with a cartech fmu before? im not entirely sure which one i bought lol. it also has one vacum port line which i know where to hook up but there is one vaccum port for a check valve..

where can i get a check valve that can fit onto a vacum line? does anyone have experience with these cartech units?
      Is this the one you have?
      Forced Induction - My review of the BEGI/Cartech 2025 FMU - Before everyone jumps in and says Get a real fuel management system or FMU's suck , etc., keep in mind that I only run about 5-6 psi on my stock 97' Prelude SH and don't intend to boost any higher. Let's face it, uberdata isn't techinically free , I'd have to...

You can usually find check valves like that in the jy. I hava a few if you need one I can mail you one.

Comment

yah thats exactly the one i got... i need to find a check valve and i also need to figure out where the line goes after the check valve

Comment

thanks a bunch!

Comment

Looks like the check valve is a dead end, I have not looked up a tech schematic on the fmu but it looks to be a boost bleed off and the check valve prevents it from becoming a vacuum leak when not in boost.

Comment

seems like its pretty baller to me, adjustable fmu !

Comment

part of that setup seems familiar... anyways nice work. just a tip dont weld that turbo inlet flange on the mani yet, wait until the engine is dropped in and the radiator is mounted as i would hate to see your work be screwed up by the turbo sticking out too far. took me a bit to get the flange index just where i wanted it get the turbo to clear the water tube and the radiator although yours looks slighly different. my complete setup i made is just sitting in a box all bubble wrapped since i tend to bounce from projects. im at the point of making my lower turbo support bracket and figuring out eec management, i guess im just dragging my feet because im not sure how its going to run although im planing on a modestly low boost (3-4 Psi) wastegate setting to begin with. i have a 12:1 fmu but i havent upgraded the stock fuel pump yet. your project seems to have rekindled my interest though. i may revive the project again tomorrow.
                Tim
                '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

When I turbocharged my old b3 I modified the waterpipe so I could tuck the turbo up against the block. I used the a/c compressor mounting point as a turbo brace mounting point. Next time I go to the farm I'll take some pics of the modified water pipe still bolted to the b3.

Comment

dont mean to hijack your thread but i found an oe mazda heater pipe and water pump inlet off of a b6d protege that instead of running diagonal across the front of the block it goes up and then across as if it was designed for a turbo application.....possibly similar to a b6t 's
                    it solved my fitment problems entirely ... on another note i decided to quit dragging my feet and finally install my turbo kit. in an effort to see how it all works together.i brought my bike to work because i knew id run out of time after work since my dealership closes at 9. i got a support bracket in the beginning stages of fabrication. got all of the main components on and oil primed the turbo. with an oil change. cranked it over to build oil pressure and ran it for 10 seconds to check the oil level. since it was 8:55. sounded good. my goal was to make it a runner so i could have my rack open in the morning. still have to hook up the adittional vacuum hoses to the boost gauge. fmu. bov. and make a few charge piping support brackets and hook up my coolant passages. and double check for any oil leaks. im pretty happy with the way it went.
                    Last edited by Aspire SVT; 06-28-2010, 09:26 PM.
                    Tim

Previous Vehicles

Comment

some photos of my setup, just installed yesturday. there are a few of the rerouted water pump inlet and what is able to be seen of the return tube for anyone interested. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=b30783454e
                      Tim

Previous Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Aspire SVT View Post
                        dont mean to hijack your thread...
                        some photos of my setup, just installed yesturday....
                        ???
                        Oscar

Comment

some photos of my setup, just installed yesturday. there are a few of the rerouted water pump inlet and what is able to be seen of the return tube for anyone interested. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=b30783454e
                          very nice pics!!

Comment

ive been working 12-13 hour days its been kinda rough to come home and start working on the car, its been at a stand still... tomo im going to dedicate to it go to pick n pull and finish everything off including the downpipe hopefully!

love the setup though looks very oem and proper

Comment

Let me know how the SOHC Turbo comes out, ive be thinking about turbo charging the SOHC as well.
                              1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
                              :spam1:is delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Ephet View Post
                                Let me know how the SOHC Turbo comes out, ive be thinking about turbo charging the SOHC as well.
                                Ask TominMO about a sohc turbo.
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X