No announcement yet.

Porting and polishing heads and adding a turbo to the 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mechanic doing my custom work showed me his under 11 sec 1/4 mi Toyota Corolla 135 mph. The motor on it was a 4 cyl. And my motor is being done similiar with many motor custom mods. I am eager to see how it will perform. I wont be really racing it, but power will be there incase a foolish Honda pulls up next to me. Like I said I will get details on this project, the things attempted I dont believe have ever been done on the Festy yet. It however will be quick! :twisted:

Comment

Sweet 8) Can't wait to see the finished product!
      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

what kind of mani are you making ? i made a simple log style and it works great but i cant get any pictures to up load having issues with my computer also i have ran a 12a turbo off a conquest way to big cant get any usefull boost till 2nd gear but my vj11 off a probe is perfect and at 10lbs
        its a blast to drive !!!
        b3t and loving it!

Comment

I remember from a long time ago - like 3 years, There was a thread started about how far a b3 could be pushed. IIRC there was another person out there who went through the trouble to build a high compression b3 With a complete port and polish, larger valves(cut down chevrolet pieces) lightened everything including crank and all they could muster was about 120 hp out of it with VERY frequent rebuilds. Now of course boosted might be a different story though(lower compression). Considering a stock 92-up civic EX comes with a 125hp engine(d16z6,d16y8 - 130hp)very common) Even a b18a1(nonvtec) puts out 140hp. After all of your work, you might be able to keep up with them. Just seems like alot of work to keep up with somthing someone put $600-$750 out for and drove home. I am not putting you down, but after I had modded my b3 to death I look back and realized that I could have had more power with a simple swap to a bp or one of my B6T's for a few hundred bucks. I like challenges, (part of the reason I modded my b3) but if your just looking for longevity and some fun power, just swap a bp in, you won't look back.
          HENRY
          Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

i do agree ! it is kind of funny to go this route but as far as just keeping up with them not to step on your toes i smoke them svt focus and some rxs i know it sounds like a tall tail but its true ! this thing flys i just don't want that weight gain in the front im running solo 2 this year and less weight the better and ive been running this combo for over 6months now with no issues you just have to do it right no shortcuts as for hp a dyno is on the horizon!!
            but hey that's why we drive thies cars to be different and we all have different needs and views for our collective cars but point taken :lol:
            b3t and loving it!

Comment

Henry posted:

Considering a stock 92-up civic EX comes with a 125hp engine(d16z6,d16y8 - 130hp)very common) Even a b18a1(nonvtec) puts out 140hp. After all of your work, you might be able to keep up with them.
              Civic EXs and other four door Civics after '92 are probably over 2400 pounds. Even lightened, they probably are still over 2200 pounds, which is a difference of at least 400 pounds from the Festiva.

I would think any Festiva with over 100hp would be a match for these, especially when you lighten one up to less than 1650 pounds...

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

In reality I wanted to go with a B6t, however my tech/mechanic thinks that the motor we are building will take a B3 or B6t. Remains to be seen I know........ He thinks a light weight motor ported polish and turbo'd will be quick. My oil pump will be modified to high out put as well. I'm interested in seeing what creation he's working for me and can't wait to slap it in. It should be quite quick. My tech/mechanic is well know to blow away 8 cycle cars on the strip in the 1/4 mi. I don't know what the 0-60 will be or the 1/4 mi will be, but I am sure it will be pretty quick. I dont know if I will run it on the 1/4 mi due to poss damage to Tranny or CV's. It should have power though. I'm excited and hope to get the car motor back soon and put her back together. For now Im just recarpeting and getting ready to unveil the car at a show May 6th. When I get that motor I'm going to post the details of all mods. This motor will be a new poss experiment for Festy owners who want a different kinda mod.

Comment

i cant wait to see the final product, congrats for doing something new and different :headbang:
                  Wait what kinda car is that!!! Oh yeah thats a ASPIRE
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/801871

Comment

Originally posted by chris
                    i just don't want that weight gain in the front
                    Worst excuse ever!
                    * Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I think the extra 50-100 pnds on the front end can be thoroghly flung by double the stock HP and torque. But there is somthing to be said for experimenting yourself. Good luck and I would love to see at least one drag run with it!! :wink:
                      HENRY
                      Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

You will see a drag run, gotta replace the throw out bearing and pilot. I hope to get her back in a few weeks and then just give me a little while to break in the motor. My oil pump might be moded to high output, I will ask how he does it and keep you informed. I dont know how quick it will be, but hey something different. Its not costing me too much, it will just be different. Guess I'm always "different." Why heck look at my car "that's pretty different." :lol: You dont see that every day.
                        I will put info on the mods being done within a day or so, and try to give a run down on things being done. Thanks for the input and support guys.

Comment

well b6t to each there own :roll: its to much fun to see most people push the motor swap for this reason or that ! once again laugh put me down it makes no diff to me !! but hey no hard feelings i drive what i like and the same for you bpt b6t b3t its all in the family 8) !!!!
                          b3t and loving it!

Comment

hey did you end up changing out the bottom end to forged pistons and rods, or are ou staying the original items.

if your staying with the original items you wont be able to run more than 6psi, it will just blow past your rings, pressurise your sump and your in a world of hurt.

I have been there and done that.

but if you are changing the pistons, what items are you putting in coz i have been unable to find forged pistons for my B3.
                            2000 Festiva 1.3T 120hp
                            MY BABY

Comment

you know im running all stock with a v40 volvo turbo now and getting full boost at 2200 to 2400 depending on load and im using a aux injector controller and have been pushing 10 to 11 psi for some time now with no issues !!! you just have to tune the thing ! the turbo im using isnt huge like a 12t by volvo standards somthing like 300cfm at 15psi i dont know how others with a b3 are using a t25 and such i had way to much trouble getting it so spool in any shape before 4000 rpm i am running b6 injectors
                              with a 24lb aux injector so no fuel issues but one thing you can doo if your building this and cant find pistons is runn a wider end gap on the rings but dont get greedy :twisted: i lost one motor going lean so its all in the tune my friend shoot me a pm if you need help and ask trucktieva he rode in it it flys for what it is!! and as for the pressure in the case how did you have the breather set up ? mine is plumed just befor the turbo inlet so it pulles any air in a big way from the case !! peace
                              b3t and loving it!

Comment

If you want forged pistons talk to these guys.

Deems
                                1990 Festiva 422,000 mile rust bucket.
                                1995 Aspire 5-door

Comment

Working...
                                X