No announcement yet.

What is more cost effective. B6t or Bp-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fastivab6tg25mr lives in cali. and he could probably answer some of those questions better.. I think he just went from a b6t to a bp recently but i haven't seen him on for a min.. Might want to search his name and see what he has done on his...
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

good luck Grey,

I'm just a senior myself... haven't tried to do any swaps yet though... not enough green. for now I'm sticking with it as my daily driver.... Hoping to make it till graduation before I start any plans of a swap... not sure how that will go over though...
      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
      Projects in the works:
      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

The hardest part of any of these swaps is mounting the g25mr.

Besides that I vote b6t. Its the all in one go fast package. No manifolds to mount. To rear turbos. Everything's already together. The wiring really is nothing. Find an xr2 to part and You're set.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by 501Dezz19 View Post
          I have a BP auto and its pretty quick, if you choose to do the BPT swap than make sure you get a G25MR tranny swap too, that engine with turbo will pop that stock tranny as we all know. Yvan has a BPT with a stock auto tranny, he just had to do some mods to it..something i want to do when i get a turbo for mine.
          Ya i'll be sure to do that. Sounds like all you need is a turbo and your ready to haul
          Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
          fastivab6tg25mr lives in cali. and he could probably answer some of those questions better.. I think he just went from a b6t to a bp recently but i haven't seen him on for a min.. Might want to search his name and see what he has done on his...
          I've been hoping to hear from him(hes my hero). I may have seen him at the drag strip once..

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
          good luck Grey,

I'm just a senior myself... haven't tried to do any swaps yet though... not enough green. for now I'm sticking with it as my daily driver.... Hoping to make it till graduation before I start any plans of a swap... not sure how that will go over though...
          Mow some lawns! :p
          Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          The hardest part of any of these swaps is mounting the g25mr.

Besides that I vote b6t. Its the all in one go fast package. No manifolds to mount. To rear turbos. Everything's already together. The wiring really is nothing. Find an xr2 to part and You're set.
          Unless I can figure out if a turbo BP will pass smog i'll go B6T. Problem will be finding one. I've been searching craigslist the last couple of month and saw only one that I couldn't afford.
          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
            Sounds like we may have a race to turbo BP Festiva. My goal is February 26 (my birthday). Rear turbo sounds a bit extreme for my knowledge..:pale:
            Thats my b-day too!!! Do a b8 swap haha im in the process of doin one right now, should be fun.
            Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

my issue with that is that there isn't a market for it here in my little town.... a whole 6 stop lights in the entire town.... no jobs for anyone that hasn't held the same jobs for 30 years.... I've applied everywhere within a 30 mile radius (the maximum radius I can afford to drive my Festiva right now) and no one has called back or when I do a follow up they say that they aren't hiring.... any suggestions grey?
              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
              Projects in the works:
              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Well the first money I made to buy equipment was working with my uncle. He installs floors and I tagged along. Maybe you have a relative that you can go to work with? I don't have that much customers since I live in a ghetto city, they are all in a different town. Craigslist has helped me get all but one of my customers so try there.
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

B8-me / BP is the way to go, not the most powerful , can be more reliable (because it's NA), and easier to install.

^ This is just my opinion. I do things a little different.

13.333 @104 mph with full interior and a/c.

Your on the right track, keep reading up on it and feel free to ask any questions.
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    B8-me / BP is the way to go, not the most powerful , can be more reliable (because it's NA), and easier to install.

^ This is just my opinion. I do things a little different.

13.333 @104 mph with full interior and a/c.

Your on the right track, keep reading up on it and feel free to ask any questions.
                    You sir own my dream festiva.
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Grey,

I tried as you said with Craigslist just this evening... We'll see where that leads (maybe a BPT?) but for right now I just want to get my daily driver ready to take through a state inspection (safety not smog) and go through the DMV and get it tagged. since I haven't had a job I haven't had it tagged (I live 7 miles out of town in a remote town at that, so no one notices me going down to the corner store and back.... that will hopefully change soon though)
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      Projects in the works:

Comment

Small towns are cool. I like how you can get away with small thing like that
                        14 C7 Z51

Comment

very cool yes... I just wish there were more jobs here... can't afford to fill your tank up once a week to go back and forth to work with the very FEW jobs here... every once in a while there are people who have scrap they want gotten rid of... thats about the only way I pay for my prepaid phone..... right now the Festiva is down for maintenence and I'm trying to get something job related together to pay off the costs of getting the maintenence done
                          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                          Projects in the works:

Comment

I wish you luck on getting your Festiva running again. Too bad theres no Metro PCS(really cheap phone service) in your area. Last thing I would try to do is go knocking door to door asking people if they need help with their lawn or something, maybe changing their oil.
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

about the only thing I'd much have a chance at is changing oil down here... most people go to a service station or do it themselves... I may luck out if some of the older folks are interested....
                              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                              Projects in the works:

Comment

Everythings worth a try
                                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                                X