No announcement yet.

building racecar need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen to this: I had a buddy who was racing scca events, and they had a guy who did put an upgraded honda engine in his car, and they called him on it. He made the claim it was some kind of rare special edition import or some such thing, I can't remember the fine details now, but it was "plausable" because he backs the claim up with forged documents from honda's tech department. See, he had enough correspondances with the tech department with enough names/titles and letterhead logo to make up decient forgery.
    Long story even longer, they allow it, and he goes on to win the class.
    One of the losers goes on to get in touch with honda, and low and behold, they find out what this guy had actually done and EVERYBODY was pissed. He loses all his contacts at Honda AND piss'es off everyone in the club (SCCA) and was fined all of his winnings which I believe was over 10k!
    Last edited by iceracerdude; 09-29-2010, 08:12 AM.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by FESTIVA BUILDER#4 View Post
      its for dirt oval racing
      rules
      1.stock 4cly fwd car only
      2.sound rollbar over head
      3.all glass must be removed
      4.all interior must be removed.
      Stickers. Put lots and lots of stickers on it. They add hp.
      Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Motor Swap is a bit shady to me. It's just cheating. I'd just get a different car to race.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by ShagFestiva View Post
          Stickers. Put lots and lots of stickers on it. They add hp.
          You mean of course, on the car's left side...to the inside of the oval right? Weight distribution no doubt. See, that's my secret! see how flat my car is in the picture below. Sticker placement FTW!
          Last edited by iceracerdude; 09-29-2010, 03:52 PM.
          97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
          CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
          Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

^ Of course!!! I like to put some on the hood and roof too for added downforce.
            Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Bringing up an old post, but in most lower class races like this, they have a clause where they can buy the motor out of any car at any time for $300 ( or something ridiculously low like that ) thus keeping the motors from being "modded" or upgraded much over stock. Anyways, that being said, I too would try to run a B6 bottom end.

Comment

Working...
              X